Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bed time - too much talking! Help :(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:39 pm
DS6, DD5, and Ds3 are in a room together. Bed time has been so difficult. They speak loudly for 2 hours straight -- it's usually DD5 who initiates the talking and acts very hyper. Ds6 usually tries to read but she bothers. I had to come in at least 10 times and tell them to keep quiet.

Desperately seeking advice for how to deal with this. Should I just let them chat? Or chat for 10 min and then request quiet?

Would love to hear advice from experienced mothers.

Thank you!

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:42 pm
Sorry I don’t understand. Why do you need them to be quiet? Sounds like really great bonding is going on

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:47 pm
Can you stagger their bedtimes so that when the first is already sleeping the second goes in, and so on?

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:49 pm
Maybe play a story tape and tell them if they are being loud you will turn it off.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:54 pm
I hear your frustration. My oldest 2 are boys and 21 months apart. At that age, they would talk and giggle in bed for hours. I wanted to give them bonding time but they also needed their sleep. When we got a bunk bed it stopped as it was too hard to talk and giggle when they couldn't see each other. But now that their both in their teens I can truly say I miss listening to their happy giggles. (They are the best of friends, but just outgrew the silliness.)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:55 pm
I sometimes put a kid to sleep in my bed (over the covers with another blanket) then move them later. It gets more kids to sleep sooner.
Anoidea is an earlier bedtime. Then they will end up asleep earlier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics