Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 3:19 pm
I am Bh expecting twins and would like to know what kind of car seats and stroller makes the most sense. Would love to get a tandem stroller that I can click car seats into and also come with seats when they get older but don't want Graco.
Any other twin mama's that can help and guide me a bit on what will be the most convenient... Tia

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 3:29 pm
B'shaa tova!
Tandem is side by side? I got the mountain buggy duet. It isn't much wider than a single, pushes very smoothly, fits through standard size doorways. You can buy an adapter to be able to attach car seats.
Actually, I think you can get car seat adapters for most strollers these days.

rotsjr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 3:55 pm
Tandem is one in front of the other. I have twin valco that I got when my 3 and 4 year old were babies but it's side by side and I have a hard time fitting through doors which I don't live. Also it will only fit one car seat and not two.

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:08 pm
I don't know your price range, but the Orbit may fit your needs. It is just very very expensive. You may be able to buy one second hand.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:11 pm
You can get two Doona strollers and connect them.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 5:19 pm
I got Chicco keyfit 30’s for my twins. Highly rated, good quality car seats. They also fit 3-across in my sedan, which was important because my older child was 2-years old at the time. We used a double snap n go for the car seats, and then moved on to a double city mini. Bshaa tova! Twins are fun!

MommyM

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 6:14 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
B'shaa tova!
Tandem is side by side? I got the mountain buggy duet. It isn't much wider than a single, pushes very smoothly, fits through standard size doorways. You can buy an adapter to be able to attach car seats.
Actually, I think you can get car seat adapters for most strollers these days.

I used the mountain buggy duet with a single adapter and found it very bulky. I wouldn't suggest using it on a regular basis with car seats.

Littlemiracles

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 6:20 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
You can get two Doona strollers and connect them.

Do you think its safe? I dont think that the company itself recommends it, it's just people that discovered that you can do that. I'm expecting triplets now and somebody mentioned the idea of connecting the doona. It sounds like a very good idea because I can also use it at home, and if I have help I can seperate it too. But I'm hesitant about it because I don't know how safe it is . I'll probably get the zoe triplet stroller that has 2 in the back and one in front.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:30 pm
I used the Chicco Keyfit carseats for my twins and bought the adaptors to click the carseats into the City Select double.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:33 pm
My friend connects 2 doona's with tie wraps. It doesn't push very smooth because the wheels are too close to each otheres. I would be to scared to do it for some odd reason.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:53 pm
Littlemiracles wrote:
Do you think its safe? I dont think that the company itself recommends it, it's just people that discovered that you can do that. I'm expecting triplets now and somebody mentioned the idea of connecting the doona. It sounds like a very good idea because I can also use it at home, and if I have help I can seperate it too. But I'm hesitant about it because I don't know how safe it is . I'll probably get the zoe triplet stroller that has 2 in the back and one in front.

I probably wouldn’t connect three doonas

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:54 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
My friend connects 2 doona's with tie wraps. It doesn't push very smooth because the wheels are too close to each otheres. I would be to scared to do it for some odd reason.

There are special pieces to use to connect them. Not with tie wraps. Tie wraps also defeat the purpose. You want to be able to easily transfer the seats in and out of the car.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:31 pm
Uppababy Vista.

you can do double car seats, double bassinets, double seats, or combined options. anything really...!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more