Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Advice for traveling with two little ones

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:11 am
Any tricks help you when flying with two babies? Toddler and infant
Need some good preventative measures for possible meltdowns and tantrums
Also for me to not break down crying of exhaustion in public

Thanks!

Last edited by amother on Tue, May 19 2020, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:19 am
Hope you're not going by yourself! Take along their favorite blankets & toys. Bottles, pacifiers, tons of snacks. Little toys & books to keep them entertained. Maybe an ipad or tablet for toddler. Tylenol (for yourself and kids). Try to get a night flight so they maybe sleep. Take a double stroller for the airport and if possible separate seats for everyone on the plane.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:24 am
I disagree, night flights with my infants and toddlers have always been terrible. They needed tons of TLC to fall asleep and stay asleep, and of course I was exhausted at night too. Plus other people are sleeping and you feel more pressure to keep them quiet.

My best advice, and I travel a lot, is to be well rested yourself, and keep your bags very organized. That way you get on the flight with enough energy to do whatever it takes to keep them calm and happy. You also don't want to go rummaging through three different bags every time you need to find a clean pacifier or whatever.

Bring a full change of clothing for each person.

Bring lots of snacks, but not messy ones, and minimal sugar.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:36 am
How long is the flight and is there a time difference at your destination ?

Is your toddler old enough to be captivated by videos because most flights nowadays have personal screens with lots of kiddie content. How old is the baby? And will baby be in your arms?

nchr

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:54 am
Make sure your kids are well fed, with nutritious foods. Skip the snacks because they dont provide the type of brain food you need to fell good while traveling. Make sure you are rested and calm. I prefer day flights with children, but I wouldn't change a flight if it happened to be at night. Be positive because your kids will pick up on it.

yerushamama

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:56 am
BTDT! Give your toddler his own backpack with some nosh, sippy cup or bottle, and some toys and books. Refresh every so often from main carry on bag. Even though bulkhead can be helpful with an infant, keep in mind that it means no under seat storage - you will have to get up any time you need something. Make sure to bring food, since airline meals are not always kid friendly, and not timed according to your toddler's schedule. If you manage to keep yourself relaxed, it will make dealing with your kids much easier, so try to have help that day while you are getting ready to go to the airport. Find the airport play area as soon as you get through security, and stay there until your flight is called. Once on the plane (but NOT in the airport), accept help from whoever offers. I had one flight where my ten month old wanted to be walked up and down the aisle for the whole flight! A gentleman seated near me offered to take him for a while, so I could rest. It was a lifesaver! Just try not to take up too much of the flight attendant's time - some love kids, but others will feel resentful, even though helping in these situations is part of their job.

merrygold

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:07 am
When I flew with little ones, I gave out little packages to the people sitting in front of us, behind us, and across the aisle, similar to this:

For the toddler, I found new little toys worked well.
Hatzlacha rabba!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:28 am
Tablet
Snacks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics