Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Layer salad?

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 6:21 am
I had a great salad at someone's house a couple of years ago, and, while I've seen recipes that similar, none have been the same.

It's a layer salad with frozen peas on one layer and tortilla chips on top.

It's served in parfait bowl and each layer is different and the dressing was kind of the color orange. Any ideas?

shopaholic

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 7:06 am
KBD has one that's really good.

ange

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:05 am
Does anyone have the exact recipe?

Thanks!

Also, for a smaller crowd, how do you suggest serving it (instead of a huge trifle dish)

Is it too weird to serve in mini trifles - I can imagine some of the bochurim we have might not go for it and feel funny about being served plated..?

yedidya's mom

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 7:35 pm
I did this for sheva brachos once in disposable plastic champagne/wine glasses - although my recipe does not call for peas so im not sure this is what u are looking for.
it looked really pretty. layer lettuce, then tomatoes (can do cherry tomatoes or regular cut up), corn, avocado cut up and tortilla chips on top. dressing was 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup salsa. I put the dressing in little shotglasses but you can just drizzle it on yop. HTH

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:15 am
Thanks YM, the one I was referring to had purple cabbage and frozen peas. I guess you can do any salad in layers...

yedidya's mom

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 4:46 pm
I think that salad is in the new cookbook that recently came out- its called "the bride who knew nothing" or something like that. I saw it featured in the mishpacha a few weeks ago. maybe someone still has a copy. good luck

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 6:20 am
two years later and I was thinking about this salad. So, I searched for it and found my own sad, short thread LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics