Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Adzenys- and ADHD- anyway to help add naturally

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 4:22 am
My daughter was on Daytrana for ADD, I wasn’t pro it bec she’s been on Zoloft as well, all due to pandas... now Daytrana has been itching and bothering her, and doctor suggested Adzenys - which is taken everyday. I hate medicating her, but the school basically said we haveto if we want her to stay in the school.
I’m nervous about side effects, abt getting dependent on it. Has anyone ever went the route of using vitamins fro health food store or the route of remedies from a chiropractor. Did u see success in those routes?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 5:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter was on Daytrana for ADD, I wasn’t pro it bec she’s been on Zoloft as well, all due to pandas... now Daytrana has been itching and bothering her, and doctor suggested Adzenys - which is taken everyday. I hate medicating her, but the school basically said we haveto if we want her to stay in the school.
I’m nervous about side effects, abt getting dependent on it. Has anyone ever went the route of using vitamins fro health food store or the route of remedies from a chiropractor. Did u see success in those routes?

You can try to experiment over the summer if you want, but please try to get her set on meds before school begins again. Depending on your child it may even be worth medicating for camp. I clearly don't know your child, but I will say as a teacher that there are kids who ADHD ruins their ability to make friends. With no impulse control they are rude and inappropriate so no one wants to be their friend. It may be worth talking to her teachers about how the ADHD is manifesting that they're insisting on meds to find out if she needs them for camp too. Either way though, let her be able to start the new school year successful.

Signed,
A teacher who went though school with undiagnosed/unmedicated ADHD.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:00 am
Thanks for your reply

Zehava

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:19 am
I’m doing really well with cbd oil. It’s worth a shot.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:27 am
Our family has had much success going very low carb.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:51 am
We started out using zinc, magnesium and omega 3s for my son when he was 5. He would have these fantastic mornings and then crash hard in the afternoon. It just could not last long enough in his system to get him through the day. We slowly added in Intuniv for impulsivity and when that was not enough strattera. We really did not want to go the stimulant route and as of now we have not had to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics