Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bat mitzvah favors

mommy08

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:41 am
My daughter's bat mitzvah party will be right before Pesach. Would bat mitzvah age girls appreciate a Haggadah? I don't know if I should waste time and money on it. Or do I give out other items not related to Pesach? I'm a pretty practical person and don't want to waste money on things that won't be appreciated and/or used.

Do I need to give out benchers regardless if I give out hagaddahs or not? We all know they end up in sheimos or donated at some point... What's done these days? It's my first bat mitzvah I'm making!!

Thanks for your help!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:02 pm
mommy08 wrote:
My daughter's bat mitzvah party will be right before Pesach. Would bat mitzvah age girls appreciate a Haggadah? I don't know if I should waste time and money on it. Or do I give out other items not related to Pesach? I'm a pretty practical person and don't want to waste money on things that won't be appreciated and/or used.

Do I need to give out benchers regardless if I give out hagaddahs or not? We all know they end up in sheimos or donated at some point... What's done these days? It's my first bat mitzvah I'm making!!

Thanks for your help!!

I think a Haggadah would be a lovely idea! I collect my Simcha benchers so I am a bit of an expert. 😉

The Haggadah will have Birchat Hamazon so you will not need a bencher too. However, budget allowing, it might be nice to have a bencher too as presumably you will be serving Chametz. That way you could give out maybe simple pocket benchers with the meal but haggadot in sealed plastic wrapping.

teachkids

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:04 pm
At that age they're probably getting/making a Haggadah in school so won't necessarily appreciate a random one. I love the idea of something pesach related, just my brain is blanking on a good idea.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:17 pm
teachkids wrote:
At that age they're probably getting/making a Haggadah in school so won't necessarily appreciate a random one. I love the idea of something pesach related, just my brain is blanking on a good idea.

I do think they will appreciate it in addition to the one they make at school. It would be a nice memory each Pesach. I got a Megillah at a Simcha once over a decade ago and each Purim it makes me smile even though we have several other Megillot in the house.

mommy08

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 2:58 pm
Regardless of the hagaddah....do I NEED to give out benchers?

mommy08

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:00 pm
Also, which is "cooler" as a giveaway - T-shirt or sweatshirt?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:08 pm
Are you serving chametz and will people need to bench?
There lies your answer.
If there is no benching, you do not need benchers.
We had dessert and dancing -didn't need benchers.
We gave out Migilat Esther (it was about 2 weeks prior to Purim.) but
I don't think anyone really used them.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:09 pm
Sweatshirt is MUCH cooler, but a different price point. If you have an unlimited budget, a zip-up hoodie

teachkids

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:10 pm
mommy08 wrote:
Also, which is "cooler" as a giveaway - T-shirt or sweatshirt?

Sweatshirt. Other cool ideas are: water bottle or a bag

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 4:10 pm
What is your total budget for bencher + favor? A pocket size artscroll shir hashirim costs about $10 apiece. It is totally Pesach appropriate, and probably not owned by many of the girls. Is $10 the difference between a sweatshirt and a tshirt? If so, how about the shir hashirim (with a nice sticker on the frontpiece saying it is from DD's bat mitzvah) and a t-shirt?

paperflowers

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 4:18 pm
Maybe depends on your circles if they’re expected, but bat mitzvah benchers are not universal. If you are giving out another favor you can just have regular benchers out on the tables.

teachkids

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 6:47 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
What is your total budget for bencher + favor? A pocket size artscroll shir hashirim costs about $10 apiece. It is totally Pesach appropriate, and probably not owned by many of the girls. Is $10 the difference between a sweatshirt and a tshirt? If so, how about the shir hashirim (with a nice sticker on the frontpiece saying it is from DD's bat mitzvah) and a t-shirt?

Love this idea of shir hashirim

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 7:49 pm
We never got anything
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics