Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Men Salaries Lakewood Real Estate management
Previous  1  2

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:26 pm
giselle wrote:
Read the article in I think last week’s ami.

Can you summarize?

giselle

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:26 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Doubt ill end up tracking it down... can u summarize?

It’s about a woman whose neighbor was constantly talking about all the designer things she bought and was always condescending towards the author about her discount shopping. Turns out the author’s husband was lending money to the neighbor’s husband because he couldn’t make ends meet.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:28 pm
Is it a true story?

This sounds like an exaggeration for most of Lakewood; I don't think this is in any way common.
While it does seem that most of young Lakewood has plenty of money, it's more likely that they're using credit/getting help from parents than actually borrowing money from others.

giselle

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:30 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Is it a true story?

This sounds like an exaggeration for most of Lakewood; I don't think this is in any way common.
While it does seem that most of young Lakewood has plenty of money, it's more likely that they're using credit/getting help from parents than actually borrowing money from others.

I definitely have heard that people are in debt because of these things, but I have no idea if they borrow or use credit cards.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:04 am
giselle. I hope that story's not true. why would her husband keep lending the money? its probably just taking the situation of people looking wealthier then they are to the the extreme to make a point.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 10:15 am
My dh does real estate management in NY. He started at 40k. 9 years later he is at 150k. He manages about 2000 units though which is a ton for one person. Also I hear this is the top of the bracket though.
I know some others making between 80k and 100k in this field.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:32 am
Salaries between ny and Lakewood differ tremendously.

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:51 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
giselle. I hope that story's not true. why would her husband keep lending the money? its probably just taking the situation of people looking wealthier then they are to the the extreme to make a point.

Well yes, the ami is known to sensationalize.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:35 pm
giselle wrote:
Well yes, the ami is known to sensationalize.

THIS! Ami is known for their sensational stories with NO factual backing or truth. I stopped bringing in years ago for that reason.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:13 pm
Although the Ami story might not be fully true I actually know people like that and it’s horrible. And buying 800,000 is mortgages with lies and a lot of borrowed money that’s the prices in monsey besides the heavy taxes.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:23 pm
I find it interesting how you write men salary. I am so thankful that the secular world does not have this worldview (as much).

SisterSix

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:32 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I find it interesting how you write men salary. I am so thankful that the secular world does not have this worldview (as much).

And yet, she’s probably right to ask it that way. Because unfortunately it does make a difference.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 3:46 pm
In Lakewood at least most women aren’t doing property management the same way men can although they theoretically they could.

I am a software engineer. I find the men and women are paid pretty comparable in from companies.
I also find “heimish” companies pay way better then non Jewish companies with great benefits (not health benefits but yes to flex time - 5 hr work day is pretty standard, yom tov off, etc.) I work in a non Jewish office and when I speak to frum office employees doing the same as me they make way more - especially in nj ranges. If you compare to ny it’s of course less. Those that work in Manhattan make way more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries