Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Name labels for camp
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:33 am
Do you buy the ones with the information printed? I saw sticker ones from amazon. It comes as a white sticker and you can write the information with a special marker. Are the stickers as good as the iron on ones?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:38 am
Buy the preprinted stick ons. It’s Mine Labels is a company I have used.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:42 am
Is it iron on or sticker?

soap suds

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:43 am
Do they stay on through the wash? I've heard many people complain about the iron-ons coming off. I use the ones that are meant to be sewn on, but instead of sewing them, I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
Stickers sound great, though. I'd love to hear from someone who's used them and whether they stayed on.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:58 am
Avery Address Labels with Sure Feed for Laser Printers, 1" x 2-5/8", 750 Labels - Great for FBA Labels (5260), White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....HGT97

Are these good labels?

Dollyz

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Avery Address Labels with Sure Feed for Laser Printers, 1" x 2-5/8", 750 Labels - Great for FBA Labels (5260), White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....HGT97

Are these good labels?

These are address labels, for envelopes, not clothing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:30 am
Dollyz wrote:
These are address labels, for envelopes, not clothing.

Avery No-Iron Kids Clothing Labels,Washer & Dryer Safe, Writable Fabric Labels, 45 Daycare Labels (40700) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I.....CZBEC

Sorry I mean these

hello 1

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:44 am
Google label land.
That’s where I get my pre printed stickers for clothing.
It’s a Frum company.
I’ve been very happy with them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:36 am
hello 1 wrote:
Google label land.
That’s where I get my pre printed stickers for clothing.
It’s a Frum company.
I’ve been very happy with them.

Is it the best company? I saw that it comes only in black and white.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They have some colored options but more money.
With writing I’d be nervous if ink won’t run and it remaining legible.

hello 1

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I got in both.
Colored and black and white.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:02 am
Buy the printed sticker labels. They are amazing. Make sure to stick them onto the clothing tags so that stay on. The ones from last year are still on.
I noticed the dark color like black ink doesn't fade and cool pink colors can if they're on the bottom of socks and keep getting rubbed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
Note that these aren't a Prime item and can take a week or more to arrive.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:18 am
ra_mom wrote:
Buy the printed sticker labels. They are amazing. Make sure to stick them onto the clothing tags so that stay on. The ones from last year are still on.
I noticed the dark color like black ink doesn't fade and cool pink colors can if they're on the bottom of socks and keep getting rubbed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
Note that these aren't a Prime item and can take a week or more to arrive.

What do you put on the bottom of socks?
I assumed socks/underwear/undershirts I can only use iron or sew. The sticky ones would come off.
I’ve bought label land in the past in black and white and when stuck on labels it lasts through many washes. Much better then other brands I’ve bought.

cy

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:22 am
I also use Label Land. I f

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:23 am
I also use Label Land. I find that they stay on clothing labels longer then actual material.

hello 1

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:26 am
sky wrote:
I assumed socks/underwear/undershirts I can only use iron or sew. The sticky ones would come off.
I’ve bought label land in the past in black and white and when stuck on labels it lasts through many washes. Much better then other brands I’ve bought.

My boys - I don’t know about girls asked me not to put any labels on their undergarments. It’s embarrassing when during clean up someone picks up a pair of underwear from the floor calling for Shmuel nosson 😂😂 I hear that.

I told them to put their stuff directly into their laundry bag and I’m prepared to lose a few pairs. The camp I send to gives each boy their own personal laundry bag and that’s what’s send in to laundromat. They don’t combine the bunks stuff.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:29 am
sky wrote:

The sticker ones don't come off of socks. Somehow the weave of the socks holds the sticker, and it doesn't come off the same way as it does on the inside of a smooth undershirt (that doesn't have a garment label to hold it). Smoothe it out and press down very firmly, holding together for a min when sticking on and don't wash or wear for 24 hours after.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:34 am
The camps started washing each campers laundry bag separately so the kids stuff comes back in their own laundry bag.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:46 am
I use label land as well and I stick them onto clothing tags

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:57 am
I used the sticker labels last summer and a lot of them came off in the laundry. This year I bought fabric markers from Michael's that are meant for both dark and light colors and I hope they work better.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics