Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Developmental Assessment-pay private or go thru ins

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:21 pm
I am on the fence about this and want opinions from those that have been there/done that. We are trying to get my DC evaluated to see if he has mild ADD or possibly executive functioning issues. I have a couple of numbers for some people that came highly recommended for a private eval (pay out of pocket), and the assessment can be done in the next two months, before the beginning of the school year. My pediatrician recommended seeing a developmental pediatrician, either Dr Steven Huberman and Dr Hugh Bases, that would accept insurance, but their first appointments are Dec./Jan. time. What would you do? Pay private for an earlier eval or go through insurance?

Also, if I go through my insurance, does that mean that further intervention would be covered?
Any insight that you can give me is appreciated as I am totally new to this and am feeling overwhelmed with all these decisions. One thing I know with 100% clarity, is that I want to do whatever it takes to help my DC.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am on the fence about this and want opinions from those that have been there/done that. We are trying to get my DC evaluated to see if he has mild ADD or possibly executive functioning issues. I have a couple of numbers for some people that came highly recommended for a private eval (pay out of pocket), and the assessment can be done in the next two months, before the beginning of the school year. My pediatrician recommended seeing a developmental pediatrician, either Dr Steven Huberman and Dr Hugh Bases, that would accept insurance, but their first appointments are Dec./Jan. time. What would you do? Pay private for an earlier eval or go through insurance?

Also, if I go through my insurance, does that mean that further intervention would be covered?
Any insight that you can give me is appreciated as I am totally new to this and am feeling overwhelmed with all these decisions. One thing I know with 100% clarity, is that I want to do whatever it takes to help my DC.

Do you mean Dr. Harris Huberman?
Take the appointment and they'll call you if there's a cancellation. I ended up getting in much earlier then they originally told me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)