Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Name labels for camp
Previous  1  2

flmommy

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:59 am
Label daddy sticker labels work awesome.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:01 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I used the sticker labels last summer and a lot of them came off in the laundry. This year I bought fabric markers from Michael's that are meant for both dark and light colors and I hope they work better.

The ones pressed onto garment labels? They don't last on regular fabric.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:10 pm
Stickeryou.com has stickers that last through many washings. They're in the kids stickers section.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:14 pm
I need to get labels. Idk which ones will stick better. Some clothes don’t have tags. Label land has so many options. Which option do you get? Label daddy. Or stickeryou.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:32 pm
I’m confused. Are stickers only for clothing tags?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m confused. Are stickers only for clothing tags?

Yes that's what the instructions say on all of them no matter the brand.
They stick but don't stay forever on tagless tops. A garment stamp is a better option for those. I use that too where necessary but not my favorite since sometimes you can see it through the fabric.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes that's what the instructions say on all of them no matter the brand.
They stick but don't stay forever on tagless tops. A garment stamp is a better option for those. I use that too where necessary but not my favorite since sometimes you can see it through the fabric.

What about the ones than needs to be sewn in

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about the ones than needs to be sewn in

Those are great. If you have the time to sew and double knot 90 or so labels. Smile I use a combination of mostly sticker labels, marker, and some iron ons and stamps. It's basically a collection I've acquired over the years and stickers work best for me and I fill in with the other leftovers as needed.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:51 pm
I see the Glibins Amazon link I provided isn't available anymore.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:08 pm
My kids put stickeryou stickers on tagless underwear and they work fine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 4:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Those are great. If you have the time to sew and double knot 90 or so labels. Smile I use a combination of mostly sticker labels, marker, and some iron ons and stamps. It's basically a collection I've acquired over the years and stickers work best for me and I fill in with the other leftovers as needed.

What do you use for each clothing? And where did you buy each of these? Stickers, sewn on, stamps, and marker

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 4:33 pm
Gneshe wrote:

What do they use for clothing with tags? I understand that they use the stickyou stickers for everything?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 4:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it iron on or sticker?

A sticker that stays on like an iron on in the wash.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 4:40 pm
Gneshe wrote:

I looked at the stickyou website. It’s geared for little kids with cute pictures and colors. Dd is going to ninth grade. I’m looking for plain black and white.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you use for each clothing? And where did you buy each of these? Stickers, sewn on, stamps, and marker

I use stickers the most. I bought them last year and again this year on Amazon through Gilbins Collection but they are available at the local shops in Brooklyn for custom order too. Basically anything that has a tag on it gets a sticker.

The stamp I bought in Brooklyn (also custom name) at All in One many years ago. I have since refilled the ink on Amazon. Amazon sells the same stamp for custom order too. I use this for panties since there are no tags and tags are uncomfortable in underwear. Also for white or light color socks if we have them.

https://www.amazon.com/Trodat-.....psc=1
This is the same stamp brand and model number that I have at home and bought in Brooklyn years ago.

The Sharpie markers I either buy on Amazon or at a sewing store called Sew Splendid (they sell the stickers there too). This is good for swim gear, crocs, plastic raincoat and the like.

Sew on or iron on labels I bought many years ago at Sew Splendid in Boro Park as well. I use these when none of the above options will permanently stay. Sometimes for socks but mostly for t-shirts that are tagless that I don't want to lose but also don't want the ink of the stamp to be visible or go through on the outside of the tee. (Sometimes tagless items have a side tag that you can affix a sticker to.) I used to use the iron on labels for everything but the stickers are much easier for me now that they are available.

Basically if you're in BP you can get everything in one store. Or if you have time to wait you can order everything on Amazon as well. It usually took a week for orders to come but there's no guarantee. You can always contact the seller first and ask. In person they give you a guaranteed date.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 5:35 pm
Name Bubbles has small round stickers which are less expensive with more grown up styles.

If you put stickers onto the brand/size/ care info printed directly on the shirt, it sticks just as well as on a tag.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 8:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked at the stickyou website. It’s geared for little kids with cute pictures and colors. Dd is going to ninth grade. I’m looking for plain black and white.

As far as I remember, there should be an option to design your own. My kids put them onto everything.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:38 pm
I use sharpies for everything. I found that the stamps wear off eventually with washing and my kids hate tags so we take them off of many things. Black for most things, silver for dark. Socks and underwear get initials only, by the toes or heels on the socks. I write on the thicker bands at the neck of shirts and the waist bands of pants and skirts. Shells often have a small tag, and I use that.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:54 am
Rutabaga wrote:
I used the sticker labels last summer and a lot of them came off in the laundry. This year I bought fabric markers from Michael's that are meant for both dark and light colors and I hope they work better.

Can you post which laundry markers are meant for dark colored fabrics that actually work?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics