Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Who's your favorite superhero?
1  2  3  Next

Which do you like better?
Marvel Comics  
 30%  [ 18 ]
DC Comics  
 1%  [ 1 ]
other, like don't like superhero ones, but like...which ones?  
 11%  [ 7 ]
don't like and/or don't know of any  
 55%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 59

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:07 am
I feel stupid writing this, but fictional obviously Rolling Eyes .

My favorite it Superman. I don't know why, but it always was and still is. Maybe because I grew up with the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. Even though he's my favorite superhero, I like Marvel Comics better than DC. I never read the comics, but I saw the movies and Marvel is so much better because of the comic relief and while both are violent, Marvel is so much lighter.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:16 am
Me.
I’m my favorite superhero.
I know you said fictional, but if I told you my story you’d think it’s fiction.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Me.
I’m my favorite superhero.
I know you said fictional, but if I told you my story you’d think it’s fiction.

Please tell!

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:59 am
I agree. Marvel is so much lighter. Yet so eel at the same time.
I love love love spider Man
Don't remember when I discovered the original comics. But they are awesome and honestly, Tom Holland is the best best to the comics. He's got both the spider Man and Peter Parker down pat. Doesn't hurt he's closest in age.

Although I gotta say I do love the CW's arrowverse. Flash is almost as light hearted as marvel. And legends is funny. But arrow is heavy and Supergirl this past year got more heavy.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:10 am
singleagain wrote:
Although I gotta say I do love the CW's arrowverse. Flash is almost as light hearted as marvel. And legends is funny. But arrow is heavy and Supergirl this past year got more heavy.

I don't like watching Arrow or Gotham because of how dark it is, literally. I don't like watching shows where it's always nighttime and dark. I used to watch Supergirl until it go too justice warrior for me. I like these dumb superhero shows and since they're are pretty dumb, I want it to be light.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:12 am
yo'ma wrote:
I don't like watching Arrow or Gotham because of how dark it is, literally. I don't like watching shows where it's always nighttime and dark. I used to watch Supergirl until it go too justice warrior for me. I like these dumb superhero shows and since they're are pretty dumb, I want it to be light.

Have you tried flash or legends? I got hooked on flash.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:32 am
I love ALL the Spider People from Into the Spiderverse 💙❤️

I have a soft spot for all the Thor movies of the MCU, they are each so over-the-top in their own ways, be it Shakespearean family drama or heavy metal awesomeness.

And Lego Batman is my favorite iteration of Batman.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:37 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I love ALL the Spider People from Into the Spiderverse 💙❤️

I have a soft spot for all the Thor movies of the MCU, they are each so over-the-top in their own ways, be it Shakespearean family drama or heavy metal awesomeness.

And Lego Batman is my favorite iteration of Batman.

Shakespeare in the park.

Does mother knowst you wearth her drapes?

What I love most about mcu. Is that uncanny casting
.. I mean.. RDJ is Tony Stank/Iron Man ... Have you seen all the amazing improvs?

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:12 am
Yay, Marvel is winning!!!!
I love you guys.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:18 am
Dr. Who!

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:20 am
Coke Slurpee wrote:
Dr. Who!

Yes, yes, yes!!!
I was just checking out sonic screwdrivers on amazon an hour ago.

I was actually introduced to the Doctor by someone on imamother (not sure she wants me to name her though).

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:28 am
It's MEEEEEEE! Party

Full time employee, mom of a 2 yo, in my 3rd trimester, hubby is out of house from 6:30am till 10pm, no cleaning help.
And I think I do a pretty darn good job keeping it together. Hooray

cinnamon

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:50 pm
I wish I could get into comics. I tried reading Sandman and my kid's love 'the amulet' so I tried it to but I can't follow the plot. I think starting at thirty is to late.
As for superheroes, Superman is my favorite superhero. - The Luis and Clark one is the best imo. But I chose Marvel cause the MCU is so much better then the DC movies.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:51 pm
I'm no expert, but I loved reading Dr. Strange as a kid. I haven't a clue if Marvel or DC produced them, though. LOL

Rappel

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:54 pm
cinnamon wrote:
I wish I could get into comics. I tried reading Sandman and my kid's

Sandman is simply elegant. Smile

Watchmen is also especially great, but they're all too dark for me now that I'm a parent, so I gave mine away.

cinnamon

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:55 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Yes, yes, yes!!!
I was just checking out sonic screwdrivers on amazon an hour ago.

I was actually introduced to the Doctor by someone on imamother (not sure she wants me to name her though).

How did we get from DC vs Marvel to Doctor Who? Doesn't matter I love the Doctor!

Rappel

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:03 pm
Well, if we're expanding our definitions -

I loved reading Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. I finished every story on him by the time I was 8, and his deductive reasoning hugely informed my analytic processes.

I watched one SH movie, and hated it. They had cut out everything which made Holmes into Holmes, and simply had another relations-driven adventurer on the screen. I've never watched another piece done on his character since.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:06 pm
cinnamon wrote:
How did we get from DC vs Marvel to Doctor Who? Doesn't matter I love the Doctor!

One of the options was other... the Doctor is my superhero! I'm Doctor obsessed!

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:44 pm
Rappel wrote:
I'm no expert, but I loved reading Dr. Strange as a kid. I haven't a clue if Marvel or DC produced them, though. LOL

Strange is marvel.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:46 pm
Rappel wrote:
Well, if we're expanding our definitions -

I loved reading Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. I finished every story on him by the time I was 8, and his deductive reasoning hugely informed my analytic processes.

I watched one SH movie, and hated it. They had cut out everything which made Holmes into Holmes, and simply had another relations-driven adventurer on the screen. I've never watched another piece done on his character since.

Have you tried the BBC's version with Benedict Cumberbatch? No idea how it relates to the books.. but o.m.g.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics