Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Who's your favorite superhero?
Previous  1  2  3

Which do you like better?
Marvel Comics  
 30%  [ 18 ]
DC Comics  
 1%  [ 1 ]
other, like don't like superhero ones, but like...which ones?  
 11%  [ 7 ]
don't like and/or don't know of any  
 55%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 59

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:46 am
singleagain wrote:
Have you tried flash or legends? I got hooked on flash.

Yeah, I watch both. I like legends better because it's so much lighter and has some comic relief even if it's dumb.

My ds pointed out that DC has better shows and Marvel has better movies. The comics itself is another story.

Also, I'm also a Doctor Who fan, but still have not been able to see the latest season.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:54 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Superman fan here! Totally agree about the whole thing of the superheros is not to be too heavy-anyone seen Smallville- thought it wasn't bad

Both dh and me are big sherlock holmes fans, so I had to mention it and we've watched a few versions-BBC did in the 80s (I think it was) a series with Jeremy Brett which is held by most sherlockians to be the most true to the books(there's no romance etc, they're pretty much exactly as the books went).
The current BBC series called Sherlock has no real connection to the Sherlock Holmes as Conan Doyle wrote it-it's set in modern times and as the series went on, they moved away from any adaptation of the books, but it is a great series, as long as you detach from the reality of it not really being Sherlock Holmes (series 3 is the best series imo-it has the most comedy-I mean the wedding episode is hilarious)
Another great series is the 'Murder Rooms', also by BBC, and it's about Conan Doyle himself and how his mentor (sherlock holmes is supposedly based on him) Dr Joseph Bell solves murders etc using those methods of deduction

I forgot about Jeremy Brett! I loved those episodes when I was a kid!! I remember seeing his version of Silver Blaze - the acting was great, but the cinematography was absolutely superb. The imagery of the water while he's washing his face still comes up whenever I wash mine - it was just so visually beautiful.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:59 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I prefer Marvel over DC, with the exception of Batman. I grew up on Adam West, loved Christian Bale's version, can't bring myself to even try watching Ben Affleck Puke but I'm so excited to see Rob Pattinson's interpretation.

I didn't watch Adam West series, but I do know about it (BAM! Smile ), but I saw The Michael Keaton ones and liked those. I also liked the Christian Bale ones, but they were so different. I liked those because I like Christian Bale from Empire of the Sun.

urban gypsy wrote:
The superhero I identify most with is Hulk. I am really shy, mild mannered, and love science. However, when someone hurts me or makes me angry, that's when my superpowers come out. Plus I am really really tall, not very attractive, and pretty strong LOL.

Also my dh's favorite.

urban gypsy wrote:
When Avengers: Endgame came out I counted up the Marvel movies I've seen and I've seen all 23. Actually 24 if you could Blade (this was pre-MCU but still an amazing movie!) At this point I don't think I will ever tire of them. As long as they keep making them I will keep watching!

Thank you for not giving away any spoilers. I still didn't see it.

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:12 am
singleagain wrote:

I love love love spider Man
Don't remember when I discovered the original comics. But they are awesome and honestly, Tom Holland is the best best to the comics. He's got both the spider Man and Peter Parker down pat. Doesn't hurt he's closest in age.

Same! I don't know what it is but I've always had such a soft spot for Spider-Man compared to any other superhero. I definitely think the age thing is a factor - it's a lot easier to connect to a regular high school kid than a genius billionaire or an Asgardian, and it allows for some really funny scenes too. And I think Marvel was so smart to not rehash the whole bitten by a spider origin story, Uncle Ben dying, yadda yadda and just jump into right into Peter "interning" for Tony Stark. I am BEYOND excited for Far From Home! Maybe even more than I was for Endgame!

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:19 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I am BEYOND excited for Far From Home! Maybe even more than I was for Endgame!

I'm not a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but he looks AMAZING as Mysterio!

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:26 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I'm not a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but he looks AMAZING as Mysterio!

That's who Mysterio is... I couldn't place him.

I'm so glad that Tom Holland is facing the "lesser known" rogues... But vulture was like. Spider-Man's first villian.. and Mysterio was One of sinister six... Like.. that's classic Spider-Man

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:48 am
I like artistic and offbeat comics and graphic novels the best.

Sandman is pure poetry. Death - The High Cost of Living is wonderful.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics