Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Extra seat for minivan

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 7:04 pm
Anyone know where in brooklyn I can get an extra seat installed in my minivan? We turned down the option when we bought the car, and now cant find someone local to do it. (We know someone in lakewood who does it, as well as someone in Baltimore, but hoping to find someone local)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:13 pm
Bumping in hopes of getting a recommendation!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:20 pm
(Is this the middle seat in the very front of the minivan. Our pediatrician very strongly recommended against it. He said there are no air bags there. And in a mild accident ch”v it could be catastrophic. If really necessary better to add an extra seatbelt in the back row)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:22 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
(Is this the middle seat in the very front of the minivan. Our pediatrician very strongly recommended against it. He said there are no air bags there. And in a mild accident ch”v it could be catastrophic. If really necessary better to add an extra seatbelt in the back row)

No, this is basically a standard modification that was offered by the dealer at the time. The minivan has a full row of seats in the back, then two unattached seats in the row directly behind the the driver's seat. There are brackets on the floor to attach a third sear between those seats.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, this is basically a standard modification that was offered by the dealer at the time. The minivan has a full row of seats in the back, then two unattached seats in the row directly behind the the driver's seat. There are brackets on the floor to attach a third sear between those seats.

Can you go to a dealership and have it done?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:27 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Can you go to a dealership and have it done?

Yup, but I'm in Brooklyn and prefer not to have to go back to Lakewood.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:28 pm
You can call junk yards or check eBay to buy the middle seat cheaper. Or just call a dealer. It doesn’t sound like anything custom made, just buying the middle seat.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:38 pm
Why wouldn't a dealer in Brooklyn be able to offer this if it is done through the dealer?

I prefer having stuff done by the dealer because I know that things are much more likely to be done correctly and if there are issues, they are backed by a large corporation versus a one person company. I am willing to pay a bit more for piece of mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries