Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
WAH Writing

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:53 pm
Some time ago, somone posted a information about a company that hired WAH writers.

If I remember correctly, they operated without a minimum number of articles per week. I think they had a list of 'assignments' and a person could pick the ones they wanted to write.

I have tried searching here but can not find the thread. Does anyone rememeber anything about this?

Thanks!

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 1:48 pm
textbroker.com ?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 2:16 pm
There are quite a few. I work for Demand Studios and Bright Hub. There's also some others. They're called content mills.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 3:38 pm
Textbroker! That's the one! Thank you so much.

Do you (or anyone else) have experience with working for them? I am thinking of giving it a try but I don't really know how Paypal works.

Thank you very much again!

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 3:45 pm
textbroker and demand studios have no weekly requirement

wise geek works on a similar scheme but they usually have a weekly minimum.

I like DS the best, but it's good to diversify.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 7:04 pm
do any of you write for these sites? How long would you say a typical assignment takes?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 8:12 pm
I write for a couple of them. If the titles are things I know about anyway and research is fast, and I work as quickly as I can and don't get distracted at all, I can do them in half an hour, sometimes a bit less. Recently it's been harder to find good titles (which adds time to the process too), and the ones that I find take time to research. Not to mention the fact that Im getting bored more easily now...so it takes me more like an hour.

Blimi

Post Mon, Jul 04 2011, 2:40 pm
You should join the soferet google group for frum writers. The ladies there are discussing writing jobs all day long. It is a wonderful group!

Yomama

Post Mon, Jul 18 2011, 1:45 pm
There is an email list called Soferet that you can join by sending an email to yocheved@diamondediting.com requesting to join. You have to give a bit of background. The group is for men and women in the writing, editing, and publishing fields in heimishe frum Jewish publishing. It's a different group than Esther Heller's Soferet email list. Her list is an announcment list. The Soferet email list is an interactive group of mainly women interested in perfecting their craft and networking.

dontworry

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 9:35 pm
Hi
New user here - all this info is great, this is exactly what I need, thanx
I logged on to demand studios to get started and as part of the application I need to submit a resume.
Any ideas of what I should put in it if I don't have professional experience writing or any degrees or certification? How can I frame my teaching experience in a way that will look like an asset? Also, how exactly should I title the resume - "Editor", "Freelance Writer" or omit the title altogether?
TIA

nourishkeit

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 2:13 pm
The information posted about Soferet is not up to date. To join Soferet, send an email to soferet+subscribe@googlegroups.com

If you have any problems, contact Yocheved Frischman at yocheved.frischman@gmail.com

The diamond editing address is no longer a working address....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers