Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do you have enough space for your growing family?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 6:07 pm
Do you have enough space for your family?
Will you have to move if you have another baby?

How happy are you with the amount of space you have?

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 6:27 pm
We live in a 4 bedroom high ranch.
That means 3 bedrooms upstairs and a guest room downstairs.
1100 sq ft the up stairs living area. 3 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and living area.
So far we have 3 kids. 6, 4 and a newborn.
We have anough room for another 1-2 kids I think but then we need to move. Or add on/extend the house.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 6:30 pm
Yes I do because I specifically bought a large home. Have 7 bedrooms. 2 kids. Don’t think I will ever have to move for space Bh.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 6:35 pm
Yes. We have 4 bedrooms upstairs and two guest bedrooms on the first floor. One of the rooms has a bed thats a pullout so I forsure have room for another baby..if more than we can always take one of the guest rooms...feeling very blessed to have this in Brooklyn. Bought in 2010. Prices were reasonable. Currently have 5 chikdren kah.

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 6:39 pm
Stop starting threads for your research, OP.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:05 pm
It seems like OP is doing research for an article & is the same OP as the other threads.
It's not nice, honest, or professional to use people like this.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:07 pm
really? In that case my parents gifted me a huge mansion in Boro park because I didn't have a child every year and they wanted to encourage me not to space their grandkids.

Also, because my husband plays the tuba, a huge house was a necessity so that I shouldn't get headaches.

I wonder where people with smaller houses keep their live ins. It must get so crowded!

Alternatively, we still live in a refrigerator box on the sidewalk in Flatbush. We rent it for only 1000 a month and you really don't need more than 4 sq ft for 2 kids. I'm expecting my third, and we'll probably move into a trailer in a parking lot when she's born.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:15 pm
Ectomorph, I love your creativity. Enjoyed your post 😄

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:40 pm
momof2+? wrote:
thanks!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:22 pm
I live in Lakewood. Have 2 bedroom small home with 6 children. Don’t want to buy bigger because I’m trying to pay tuition. Was always scared if I bought too big s house wouldn’t be able to cover my tuition.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:04 pm
I have 3 kids in an apt and feel like not so much space. But guess what?? I think its a silly question bec while most of us want more space as our family grows, not everyone can affird it unless I move out to a non jewish far away neighborhood with huge cheap housing for 200k.

I grew up 12 kids in small 3 bedroom house. We always fought over showers and bathrooms and wouldve loved to live in a huge house. But, hashem didnt give us enough money for that. So too, me n my dh would lov to buy a small house, knock it down and build huge like the rich ppl r doing, but hashem decided its not for us now. Bh we can pay our rent...my friend has to scramble month to month for rent bec has trouble finding a job after being pushed out.

And, I know families who live 10 to 12 kids in a smal 2 or 3 bedroom apt...but most ppl in my neighborhood live in houses.

Ppl

aricelli

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:13 pm
momof2+? wrote:

Yeeeees!!!!

aricelli

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:13 pm
momof2+? wrote:

You must still be on vacation mode!!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:17 pm
aricelli wrote:
You must still be on vacation mode!!

Far from it but thank you! As a matter of fact I write most of my posts while nursing my baby to sleep Smile

aricelli

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:17 pm
Ok- I’ll bite!
I feel squished! I bought my house when I had two and a half kids- I thought my house was huge! And now, a few kids more and I’d love to move! Its divided on three floors so the noise is diluted bh but it no longer seems “huge!”

Stars

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:31 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
Stop starting threads for your research, OP.

Goodness. I almost answered a few hours ago and then backed out for some reason. Glad I did.

aricelli

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:33 pm
Stars wrote:
Goodness. I almost answered a few hours ago and then backed out for some reason. Glad I did.

Hey- you never know!

Stars

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:35 pm
aricelli wrote:
Hey- you never know!

What, am I being entered in a lottery if I contribute to the research? If it's enough to buy a mansion where I live I might think about it.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:50 pm
ectomorph wrote:
really? In that case my parents gifted me a huge mansion in Boro park because I didn't have a child every year and they wanted to encourage me not to space their grandkids.

Also, because my husband plays the tuba, a huge house was a necessity so that I shouldn't get headaches.

I wonder where people with smaller houses keep their live ins. It must get so crowded!

Alternatively, we still live in a refrigerator box on the sidewalk in Flatbush. We rent it for only 1000 a month and you really don't need more than 4 sq ft for 2 kids. I'm expecting my third, and we'll probably move into a trailer in a parking lot when she's born.

Just spilled my glass of water from my hand shaking reading this! And ruined my mascara!!! LOL!!!!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:52 pm
Plenty of room bh. We live in a shoebox but a nice one. My oldest sleeps in the bathtub, the next two sleep in the entrance (we have a built in bunk bed that goes to the ceiling when not in use) and my little one sleeps by the pantry. It’s a good thing we don’t stock up on food items so much!
My bedroom is used as the dining room during the day.
Were very happy bh.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating