Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
This explains my request for safety studies done in the US
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:46 pm
Just wondering where you take the 1/10,000 number from. All stats I have seen give a 1/1,000 death rate, with a much higher rate for serious complications.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.who.int/vaccine_sa.....6/en/

I'm posted the specifics in another thread, but based on measles cases in California from 1998 through 2000 (maybe later need to check?) The rate of SSPE was 1 in 660 cases and even higher if you looked at the rate of SSPE in infants with the measles.

peony

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:52 pm
Just to set the record straight my kids have every vaccine. And if my kid would be unvaccinated for measles and I would not want to give the shot I would probably expose my child and keep him home during incubation and until the measles passes . If a person is willing to take a risk he got to do it the most responsible way. I saw a note in my pediatricians office stating that a person without symptoms cannot give over a disease. So I do believe that when someone who isn’t vaccinated has the slightest sign of symptoms during an outbreak they should keep their child home. I think that one of the greatest challenges of today is that we truly get paralyzed with a situation that throws us off. The world today is so fast paced. Children are sent to school not more then 12 hours after starting on antibiotics. People who have the flu take Tylenol and go to work. It’s just that nobody knows who to blame because these are not noticeable illnesses. Being diligent and responsible applies wether you vaccinate or not. I’m just curious if your grand kid is vaccinated why do you care if two unvaccinated children are on the same bus??

gamanit

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:55 pm
peony wrote:
Just to set the record straight my kids have every vaccine. And if my kid would be unvaccinated for measles and I would not want to give the shot I would probably expose my child and keep him home during incubation and until the measles passes . If a person is willing to take a risk he got to do it the most responsible way. I saw a note in my pediatricians office stating that a person without symptoms cannot give over a disease. So I do believe that when someone who isn’t vaccinated has the slightest sign of symptoms during an outbreak they should keep their child home. I think that one of the greatest challenges of today is that we truly get paralyzed with a situation that throws us off. The world today is so fast paced. Children are sent to school not more then 12 hours after starting on antibiotics. People who have the flu take Tylenol and go to work. It’s just that nobody knows who to blame because these are not noticeable illnesses. Being diligent and responsible applies wether you vaccinate or not. I’m just curious if your grand kid is vaccinated why do you care if two unvaccinated children are on the same bus??

Many antivaxers have sent kids that had been exposed and have runny noses to school. A kid can be exposing others prior to fever.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:56 pm
nchr wrote:
I'm posted the specifics in another thread, but based on measles cases in California from 1998 through 2000 (maybe later need to check?) The rate of SSPE was 1 in 660 cases and even higher if you looked at the rate of SSPE in infants with the measles.

Did you look at my link?
Do you have a source for your info?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:57 pm
peony wrote:

My grandchildren are all vaccinated but some vaccinated kids don't develop immunity.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:58 pm
Peony, can we keep philosophical discussion here to a minimum? There are plenty other threads in this subforum for that.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:58 pm
nchr wrote:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28387784

1/1367 in children, 1/609 in infants. However, I doubt all measles cases were reported, AND the actual number of cases studied (17) is so small that it is hard to generalize from them.

It would seem to make sense to go with worldwide cases, which is a much larger pool.

The 1/10,000 number is from the CDC itself, as of 1960. I'd hope that with all the medical advances since then, the actual rates should be even lower.

peony

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:07 pm
Oops I’m sorry I didn’t realize this forum has rules. I guess I’m not in the mood of the facts right now. Even though I do find them fascinating when I have the head space. I won’t disturb your discussion. Bye

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:08 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28387784

1/1367 in children, 1/609 in infants. However, I doubt all measles cases were reported, AND the actual number of cases studied (17) is so small that it is hard to generalize from them.

It would seem to make sense to go with worldwide cases, which is a much larger pool.

The 1/10,000 number is from the CDC itself, as of 1960. I'd hope that with all the medical advances since then, the actual rates should be even lower.

Thanks for the link.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:09 pm
This may explain the 1/1,000 vs 1/10,000 discrepancy.

https://www.unitypoint.org/bla.....ca561

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:42 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
This may explain the 1/1,000 vs 1/10,000 discrepancy.

https://www.unitypoint.org/bla.....ca561

Wow, great post!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:12 pm
It's irrelevant.

Pretty much every kid used to get measles. That's an entire birth cohort. Which is where the 1/10,000 number came from. Estimated vs reported is a way of trying to justify exaggerating the numbers.

FACT: In the 1960s, mortality rate from measles was 1/10,000.

If you are arguing that now it is higher, WHY? Medical care got worse?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'd love to hear from some SENSIBLE pro-vaxxers on this.

Civil discussion only. If your response to any post on this thread will be bla bla bla, I am respectfully asking you to move to the Fashion and Beauty sub-forum. Thank you.

I don’t have the time to read all the replies and responses here, but I think an honest question sincerely asked deserves an answer.

The vaccines that are made to prevent viruses are derived from cell lines of 2 aborted fetuses in the 1960’s. This is because Viruses need to be grown in cells unlike bacteria.

“Viruses need cells to grow and tend to grow better in cells from humans than animals (because they infect humans). Almost all cells die after they have divided a certain number of times; scientifically, this number is known as the Hayflick limit, and for most cell lines it is around 50 divisions; however, fetal cells can go through many more divisions before dying.” (Chop, 2019)

There are studies that show that the slight amount of dna that could possibly be left over in a vaccine does not nitiate nor accelerate the development of systemic autoimmunity. (Hum Gene Ther, 1997)

I would like to suggest that instead of asking your questions to a group of people who are mostly not qualified to answer, there’s a great resource available The Vaccine Task Force where you can ask your questions.

vaccinetaskforce@gmail.com

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....8196/

https://www.chop.edu/centers-p.....s/dna
https://www.chop.edu/centers-p.....ssues

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:43 pm
OP, if you get any actual answers, please post them.

The study posted by amother Black was a study done on mice, which may or may not translate to how it affects humans. Not knowing how a mechanism works does not automatically mean it cannot operate that way.

Either way, a broad study with sufficient controls is the only way to track the ACTUAL effect of the vaccination schedule on a human population. Whether or not that includes autoimmune issues.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:49 pm
It's irrelevant.

Pretty much every kid used to get measles. That's an entire birth cohort. Which is where the 1/10,000 number came from. Estimated vs reported is a way of trying to justify exaggerating the numbers.

FACT: In the 1960s, mortality rate from measles was 1/10,000.

If you are arguing that now it is higher, WHY? Medical care got worse?

As the article said, if the death was the result of a secondary infection, it wasn't reported as a measles death. SSPE was usually a decade or more after the measles occurred.

Slate had an article that basically our outbreak is more the result of a worldwide outbreak than of anti-vaxers. In other countries, cost and availability are the main reasons why the people don't vaccinate. In other countries, as we know, the death tolls are much higher. I am wondering if this is because they consider infections that occur later and cause death to be the result of measles.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:02 am
southernbubby wrote:
As the article said, if the death was the result of a secondary infection, it wasn't reported as a measles death. SSPE was usually a decade or more after the measles occurred.

Slate had an article that basically our outbreak is more the result of a worldwide outbreak than of anti-vaxers. In other countries, cost and availability are the main reasons why the people don't vaccinate. In other countries, as we know, the death tolls are much higher. I am wondering if this is because they consider infections that occur later and cause death to be the result of measles.

I highly doubt that someone in 1960 showed up with measles, got pneumonia and died, and they somehow skipped the measles in the pathology report. Please. Do you think doctors were terribly stupid 60 years ago? (When they invented the vaccines)

And SSPE is VERY rare. Look at the stats posted above by the WHO.

I imagine that death tolls are higher in countries with poorer access to healthcare, and worse living conditions. The way to check for that would be to see if death rates for flu are also higher in other countries.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:13 am
I highly doubt that someone in 1960 showed up with measles, got pneumonia and died, and they somehow skipped the measles in the pathology report. Please. Do you think doctors were terribly stupid 60 years ago? (When they invented the vaccines)

And SSPE is VERY rare. Look at the stats posted above by the WHO.

I imagine that death tolls are higher in countries with poorer access to healthcare, and worse living conditions. The way to check for that would be to see if death rates for flu are also higher in other countries.

Our infant mortality rates are calculated differently than theirs are and our flu death statistics are calculated by pneumonia deaths.
Remember also that the immune system can be weakened for 2 years after the measles so death from infections may not be attributed to measles.
Bad living conditions are a reason for measles fatalities which is an important reason to prevent it from spreading to homeless populations in the US.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:15 am
That's all fine and well, but do you think that the mortality rates are UP in the USA since 1960 or not?

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:35 am

It's always very alarming when an anti-vaxxer who claims to know everything about health care shows up and then shows complete ignorance about our actual health care system.

It is, in fact, incredibly common to have a medical examiner's report to record the immediate cause of death, instead of the underlying reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/so.....ients
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics