Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Do people tour and visit NY?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:31 pm
Or is NY just a city that people don't really visit?
I read here how people travel to Florida, Mexico, europe Africa?never hear about NY! (I'm plain curious!)

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:32 pm
You're kidding, right?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:36 pm
Which rock do you live under?! It’s one of the most visited cities in the Country.

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:37 pm
Um. What? NYC is the most popular tourist destination in the US.

The majority of women active on this site either live in the vicinity of NYC or otherwise have/ had opportunities to visit. There are plenty of related questions anyway.

Israeli_C

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:09 pm
Yes... funny story, I grew up in Ireland and the first time I saw a black person was when I went to visit NYC as a child. My cousin, who was the same age as me (about 7 I think) saw a black man with street-style clothes and shouted excitedly "mom! mom! it's a 'homie'!!" Thinking back... oy va voy...

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:17 am
Everyday on the subway I see advertisements for NY. One is United Airlines and I don't know what the other one is.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:20 am
Lol. NYC is the sixth most visited city in the world. Scratching my head over here.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:25 pm
I did the touristy things after I moved away ... don't know why it never occurred to me prior to that ... guess I wanted to show my kiddies where I'm from

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:28 pm
You must be joking!!

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:25 pm
if you live in NY you vacation in Florida or Israel.
If you live in Israel you come to NYC to tour & shop

veiznisht

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:47 pm
Clearly you've never spent much time in midtown. Smile

yidishmamma

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:40 pm
greenfire wrote:
I did the touristy things after I moved away ... don't know why it never occurred to me prior to that ... guess I wanted to show my kiddies where I'm from

Dh keeps saying that people from
New York or always running to far places on chol Hamoed . He said we have so many nice places to visit here in our “backyard”

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:51 pm
Sure they do!

There are even organised tours of frum areas like Crown Heights or Williamsburg.

Where I live, NY is a super popular vacation destination. People go for shopping, broadway shows, tourist sites, etc

veiznisht

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:58 pm
I used to work in the city, I found the most tourists came in December for their winter vacation. My five minute walk to the office from subway would be double at least just trying to walk through the swarms of tourists!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or is NY just a city that people don't really visit?
I read here how people travel to Florida, Mexico, europe Africa?never hear about NY! (I'm plain curious!)
The women who are talking about going elsewhere are probably from the new york area so its not a touristy place for them.

On the other hand, many new yorkers do think of nyc as the center of the world, which it is not, so that might also have something to do with the shock in this thread Wink

I grew up in new jersey. Never really just visited new york. (I probably shouldnt say this out loud, but I dont really like manhattan all that much either, but thats my personal preference)

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:26 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
The women who are talking about going elsewhere are probably from the new york area so its not a touristy place for them.

On the other hand, many new yorkers do think of nyc as the center of the world, which it is not, so that might also have something to do with the shock in this thread Wink

I grew up in new jersey. Never really just visited new york. (I probably shouldnt say this out loud, but I dont really like manhattan all that much either, but thats my personal preference)

No, the shock is because NYC is legitimately the #1 tourist destination in the US and is well known for this. And it's among the most popular tourist destinations worldwide as well. This is a fact, not something that NY- centric citizens are making up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics