Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What can you tell me about Cincinnati?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:29 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Can anyone tell me more about the girl's high school? Hashkafa, tuition prices...

Atara is very frum and open minded at once. They really look out for the girls. The same vouchers can be used for high school.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:32 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Sorry for hijacking this thread. My family visits cities to see watch baseball in different stadiums. Cincinnati was our planned destination this year. How far is the airport from the Jewish community? How far from the ballpark? Well just stay for a few days and hope to eat out.

Without traffic:
Airport-30 min
Stadium-20 min

Do you know what the kosher restraunts are? It's basically 4 places.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:33 am
Thanks for responding about the high school!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:34 am
Cincinnati is a lot of fun. It's a huge city with a lot of attractions.
Do your research.

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:38 am
I am moving to Cincinnati and very excited what we experienced there. Go for a Shabbos and talk to people. That is the best way.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:01 am
Beingreal wrote:
I am moving to Cincinnati and very excited what we experienced there. Go for a Shabbos and talk to people. That is the best way.

I'm looking forward to meeting you! When do you arrive?

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:10 am
In a week from this upcoming Sunday. Would love to meet you too!

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:38 am
Beingreal wrote:
In a week from this upcoming Sunday. Would love to meet you too!

Hatzlacha!!

I rarely get to shul because my baby naps then. I'm happy you enjoyed your visit.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:51 am
Hven't given the food much thought. We'll wing it. Minyan is importnat to DH otherwise he won't want to travel there.
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Without traffic:
Airport-30 min
Stadium-20 min

Do you know what the kosher restraunts are? It's basically 4 places.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:57 am
There aren't really hotels in the frum community, though. Probably a 10 minute drive from a hotel in Blue Ash or something to the frum community...

As far as Atara vouchers, it is $6000 at the high school level but due to the way the local school district is set up, it's a little more complicated to get a high school voucher. You need to be starting the process well before the residency deadline of July 31st.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:19 pm
Bump! We are looking into moving to Cincinnati - based on our limited research what appeals to us is that the community seems to be small but established, affordable, with a diverse crowd. I consider us JPF but we are more RW than MO and many of the similar size out of town communities seem to be more LW. DH has a yeshiva/kollel background and although he is working now we would feel more comfortable in an area with a crowd that has families with similar roots. We hope to come for a Shabbos soon but in the meantime I was hoping some locals can let me know if our conclusions so far were correct. And also- we don't really know anyone currently living there. If we were to move how would we get to know other families? Is the community generally friendly and welcoming to newcomers? Are there home rentals available or only apartments? Anything else we should know about Cincinnati?

Thank you!

shaimac1

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:48 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Bump! We are looking into moving to Cincinnati - based on our limited research what appeals to us is that the community seems to be small but established, affordable, with a diverse crowd. I consider us JPF but we are more RW than MO and many of the similar size out of town communities seem to be more LW. DH has a yeshiva/kollel background and although he is working now we would feel more comfortable in an area with a crowd that has families with similar roots. We hope to come for a Shabbos soon but in the meantime I was hoping some locals can let me know if our conclusions so far were correct. And also- we don't really know anyone currently living there. If we were to move how would we get to know other families? Is the community generally friendly and welcoming to newcomers? Are there home rentals available or only apartments? Anything else we should know about Cincinnati?

Thank you!

You have basically just described South Bend ...but I have a few friends that are very happy in Cincinnati so feel free to DM and I can get you connected to them and maybe see if South Bend can be an option as well!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:55 pm
Feel free to reach out to me about Cincinnati!
I think you can definitely fit in hashkafa wise, but housing is very hard to come by.

Happy to discuss more 😃

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:10 pm
I would agree with HY.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:14 pm
About getting to know people, really the easiest way is at shul. BH the one I go to is opening up things again which would make it easier.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:50 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I think you can definitely fit in hashkafa wise

I agree. I am MO, but Cincinnati is more to the right, with many families similar or near to how you describe yourself. Also, it's a very friendly and open community. You won't be limited to being friends with only those families who are exactly like yours hashkafically, unless you really want that.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I agree. I am MO, but Cincinnati is more to the right, with many families similar or near to how you describe yourself. Also, it's a very friendly and open community. You won't be limited to being friends with only those families who are exactly like yours hashkafically, unless you really want that.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating