Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas for outing with kids sunday: 1-2 hours from brooklyn
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:42 am
I was also thinking- someone once mentioned the catskills dude ranch which sounded wonderful...
I think I have enough suggestions and just need to pick one already!!!
Thanks everyone

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:53 am
It depends what your kids like.
Do they like nature, fun stuff, museums etc?

Just One

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any hotels that you can recommend?

I did a 2-night/3-day trip near Monsey. We went to the Double Tree in Nanuet. It was a different kind of trip, went with some friends when we just needed a quick cheap vacation. I could see it working very nicely for a family. It's around an hour from Brooklyn so you wouldn't need to travel that far Motzei Shabbos.
The hotel has a pool and fitness room which your kids would probably love. There's the Palisades mall with lots of fun attractions for kids; Escape rooms, Imax, bowling, race track, a really fun climbing/rope course. The mall itself could give you a full fun day. If you want some quality outdoor fun there's Haverstraw park, Also Piermont Piers were you take a mile walk through weeds onto a nice deck on the Hudson, plenty of options for biking and boating in the area. It's also really close to Bear Mountain.
Regarding food, the hotel we stayed in was literally 5-10 minutes from Monsey proper. We had so many options. If you go for milchigs I would recommend Primavera which has great upscale food in a nice atmosphere but still kid friendly enough to bring a family. If you prefer fleishigs there are many steakhouse options. We did Fireside. Not sure I'd feel comfortable sitting in with kids there (guess depends on family size/age of kids). There are also lots of more 'breakfasty' options and pizza places.
Whatever you do, have fun!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:23 am
Just One wrote:
I did a 2-night/3-day trip near Monsey. We went to the Double Tree in Nanuet. It was a different kind of trip, went with some friends when we just needed a quick cheap vacation. I could see it working very nicely for a family. It's around an hour from Brooklyn so you wouldn't need to travel that far Motzei Shabbos.
The hotel has a pool and fitness room which your kids would probably love. There's the Palisades mall with lots of fun attractions for kids; Escape rooms, Imax, bowling, race track, a really fun climbing/rope course. The mall itself could give you a full fun day. If you want some quality outdoor fun there's Haverstraw park, Also Piermont Piers were you take a mile walk through weeds onto a nice deck on the Hudson, plenty of options for biking and boating in the area. It's also really close to Bear Mountain.
Regarding food, the hotel we stayed in was literally 5-10 minutes from Monsey proper. We had so many options. If you go for milchigs I would recommend Primavera which has great upscale food in a nice atmosphere but still kid friendly enough to bring a family. If you prefer fleishigs there are many steakhouse options. We did Fireside. Not sure I'd feel comfortable sitting in with kids there (guess depends on family size/age of kids). There are also lots of more 'breakfasty' options and pizza places.
Whatever you do, have fun!

Youre so sweet for posting all this info! I’ll run it by my husband! Thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:17 pm
Thanks for everyones help!
We went to fun castle in chester, to Yossis for pizza and then to Bear Mountains. It was a beautiful day and everyone enjoyed it!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics