Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to nitra and kosho: food inquiry
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:53 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
You will not have someone doing for you a mini tour if you dont know soneone from before and that person agrees in advance... They are not the Amish Wink

I totally disagree! They're very friendly, many will do it for you. Everyone has a different personality, so not everyone you stop will do it, but I know many people that will!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:00 am
dankbar wrote:
I dont think they have any stores at all. Maybe the lady selling eggs is also selling a few tights in a little room

Or polka dot undies folded in a box!

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:01 am
haha...I would have said: ask rabbi myers in bratislava/slovakia which products can be purchased in regular supermarkets, they also offer breakfast and pat isroel if you apply in advance. nearest take out / restaurants would be vienna/austria...

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:08 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
You will not have someone doing for you a mini tour if you dont know soneone from before and that person agrees in advance... They are not the Amish Wink

Whats interesting to see there? Isnt it just a Shul and some houses?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:21 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
haha...I would have said: ask rabbi myers in bratislava/slovakia which products can be purchased in regular supermarkets, they also offer breakfast and pat isroel if you apply in advance. nearest take out / restaurants would be vienna/austria...

I hate to stereotype - but I think this is on the wrong thread, Amother BLONDE LOL

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:40 am
What do they do for parnasah?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:03 am
aricelli wrote:
What do they do for parnasah?

Like in any other town. But those who are not melamdim or teachers, have to travel to Monsey, Manhattan or other place.

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:12 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Like in any other town. But those who are not melamdim or teachers, have to travel to Monsey, Manhattan or other place.

Most towns have food!

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:15 am
aricelli wrote:
Most towns have food!

You asked about parnasah, now you're talking about food. What's your question?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:19 am
aricelli wrote:
Most towns have food!

As a real oot (grew up way oot) and living in a medium size community now with few restaurants and no nice ones, I find this thread hysterical.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
As a real oot (grew up way oot) and living in a medium size community now with few restaurants and no nice ones, I find this thread hysterical.

😞

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You asked about parnasah, now you're talking about food. What's your question?

If there is nothing there its harder for ppl to find the jobs I see in my neighborhood- a grocer would be the first thing

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:07 am
They dont have enough of clientele. There might be about 60 families living there. Most of offspring that get married move out. Once upon a time, when shtetels like this was created was to be away from city life with all hubhub. A yeshiva was opened in a farm/now a woods with the rav leading there & ravs followers tagged along.
Same with kasho/gibberts/when new square or monroe started was same thing. Think of Yeshiva of South Fallsburg/or Mountaindale etc.....do they have stores & restaurants lined up? Its supposed to be a quiet enclave with its focus on the yeshiva.

There is no hi school in nitra ( on purpose) when kids grow up so sheltered & away from real life they want them to get in touch with the real world.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:09 am
Also its not the style of these old timers to sit in into a restaurant for dinner

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:51 am
It doesn't pay to open a supermarket there. They get everything delivered from monsey and many women travel into the city or monsey afew times a week to go shopping or they teach. The men travel to work just like men from anywhere travel to work. It's not such a far commute to the city.
The people there are very happy with their lives.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If there is nothing there its harder for ppl to find the jobs I see in my neighborhood- a grocer would be the first thing

The grocery is run by volunteers. The money goes to the yeshiva.
People are either employed by the yeshiva, or travel to Manhattan for work.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics