Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me build a wardrobe

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:56 am
What do I need for summer? Winter?
How many skirts, what colors? How many casual tops, in between, dressy? How many dresses? How many shabbos outfits?
Shoes? Sneakers?

How about for maternity and in between?

I'm the same poster who posted asking for help with my son's wardrobe and I found The responses so helpful; I'm hoping for the same for myself!

I am one month pregnant and trying to figure out how to build a wardrobe smartly, classily and economically to be able to serve me well! I'm tired of opening a crowded closet and complaining of nothing to wear!

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:33 am
with adults everyone has different needs. How many simchos do you have? Do you work? Are you always up & down with your weight? How fashionable do you want to be? Are you ok with old stuff as long as it fits & wearable?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:37 am
I'm 25. I work but don't need anything fancy for work; it's a laid back atmosphere.
Do not have many simchos, and I have Sheva bracha outfits for the few simchos I have.
I am thin and usually bounce back within half a year.
I love classic with a twist, pieces that will last for a few years, nothing ridiculously trendy. I am JPF, and wear tights when I'm wearing a short skirt. I would love to take on a classy yet not too mature look; till now my clothes have been immature/don't do justice for my figure/out of date/poor quality.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:42 am
for weekday you need some casual housewear, ( to clean, cook/ excercise/travel -can be tshirts. You need weekday for going out on street or work. Comfortable but decent. You need some better weekday for occasions like brissim, upsherins, events, parties.

You need shabbos to lounge in like robes, Shabbos just plain to go out to visit a friend or shul, then you need some for simchas ( depending how many simchos you have)
More dressy/formal like for bar mitzvahs/engagement parties.

Then you might do same for weddings or if you like more dressed up like party dresses

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:46 am
Maybe you can benefit from a personal shopper to check out your wardrobe, see what you can still wear, what you can upgrade with an accessory, what you should ditch, & help you shop some new pieces according to your taste, style & budget

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:53 am
if you are in begining of pregnancy, I wouldn't buy new stuff now. Wait till you need maternity stuff & get some stuff then if you dont have maternity stuff.

For maternity people have less so they use their outfits for more than one purpose.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:56 am
If you work every day, you should have a rotation for at least the days of the week you work. Lets say if you work 5 days a week, you should have at least 5 outfits

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:07 pm
Don't buy anything now, just buy pieces as you need it for pregnancy and build a wardrobe after.

What I Wore by Jessica Quirk is a great book that teaches how to build a versatile wardrobe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics