Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Quote from Fox about frum magazines
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:47 am
The good part of secular fiction and novels is that you know from the start that it's usually not good for your spirituality to begin with. You can call a spade a spade even if you enjoy it. The other non secular counterparts are better at coming across like they're good for your spirituality while they are not. It gets cloaked in religion. Just my take on it.

acemom

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:34 am
Reading material definitely has influence, though it's usually subconsciously.

Imamother, for example, has brought to my attention how other frum people conduct themselves or live their lifestyle. Though I am still doing what is the "norm" in my specific community, I am more aware how outsiders view the behavior. I probably reconsider some spending or actions instead of doing so "automatically".

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:46 am
I’m clearly not the target audience for these magazines, and wouldn’t bring them into my home because I don’t like the messsage that having no pics of females sends to my dds.

But I have seen some of them and notice that the ads do seem to fetishize being rich. Everything they sell is “top” of “luxurious” “grand”. It’s interesting.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:45 pm
Lol, I just found this. Amazingly, it's four years later and we still only subscribe to Yated and dialogue.

How does Circle compare? I am thinking of getting it for the kids.

GLUE

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:06 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Lol, I just found this. Amazingly, it's four years later and we still only subscribe to Yated and dialogue.

How does Circle compare? I am thinking of getting it for the kids.

For one the circle is a kids magazine so no real ads.
They do a lot of articles about different times in history.
Most people I know like it, I am not very good at describing things-buy it one week and see if it's your standered.
The stories are mostly thinks that kids deal with like bulling and being embarrassed about their family.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:15 pm
I think the Circle is really wholesome. Lots of informational articles, stories, comics, puzzles/games. Nothing not to like.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics