Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o Boys in Bloomers
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:14 pm
merrygold wrote:
There's nothing wrong baby legs. Baby bellies are delicious too- doesn't mean I won't dress my child.
And my biggest vent about this is toddlers, not babies.

Toddlers should wear tops and bottoms (or a dress). Smile

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:55 pm
There's a whole lot of judgement going on here OP. You are allowed to have your tastes, but I think it's in bad taste to outright mock other people's clothing choices just because you don't like the look, especially children...

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:07 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
There's a whole lot of judgement going on here OP. You are allowed to have your tastes, but I think it's in bad taste to outright mock other people's clothing choices just because you don't like the look, especially children...

This. Maybe sooner we can wonder why adult men aren’t wearing shirts or why adult woman can get away wearing only a bralette

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:09 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
why adult woman can get away wearing only a bralette

I wear one under my clothes cuz I am a teeny weeny flatty patty! Its 100° and humid now. I wish I didnt have to wear a shirt on top of it!

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:12 pm
merrygold wrote:

Does anyone else out there find this style bizzare?

....not very nice....I think my bubble-wearing-toddler looks cuter than the kids his age wearing white button down shabbos shirts and belted cuffed pleated shabbos pants to shul

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:18 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
....not very nice....I think my bubble-wearing-toddler looks cuter than the kids his age wearing white button down shabbos shirts and belted cuffed pleated shabbos pants to shul

Those are not the only alternatives, you know.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:20 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Those are not the only alternatives, you know.

Ok I was going to the extreme. I still like how my 2yo looks better in a bubble than the above outfits.
@OP- but I'm not being mean about it, or making fun of anyone for choosing any of the above outfits

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:26 pm
merrygold wrote:
The boys in bloomers thread brought to mind a worse style (IMHO)- the bubble!
For those fortunate enough not to have seen it, it looks like the child is wearing a regular top- even long sleeves- and then the color may or may not change by the diaper area- and ends right under the diaper. That's right, directly under the diaper.
When I first saw this style I wondered if the parent forgot to put on the shorts/pants.

For an infant, I don't like the look but can understand if people think it's cute.
For a toddler though?! The child is walking, wearing socks, shoes- and long sleeves- with nothing on his/her legs!

Does anyone else out there find this style bizzare?
If you do dress your child this way- do you think it looks nice or do you just follow the styles and don't care what it looks like? (not being facetious here- really want to to know.)

I'm with you. The first few times I saw this, I figured the mother must be in the midst of toilet training the child.

I personally avoid styles that I have to grow accustomed to. To me, it means I never liked it from the get-go, and the only reason I'd be wearing it is because the weirdness of it rubbed off. Frequent exposure to anything makes the weirdness or sensitivity factor gradually disappear. But why would I want to be dressed in something (or dress my kids in something) that's not really my taste to begin with? Just to jump on the bandwagon of some weird social trends? No, thank you. I'll do me and will buy clothing that appeals to my taste.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:29 pm
The bubble is a very 70s style, but all styles return. My sister and I used to joke that we were hard pressed to find any childhood pictures of us with pants on! (I mean anything on, on the bottom).

The summer pictures of us are mostly these sleeveless bubbles, with elastic at the legs, like underwear....

Anon.... Don't know how many out there share our family's taste in clothing!

Eta: some of the outfits were actually 2 peices, just waist length a-line tops, with matching bubble underpants (worn over real undies)! LOL

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:50 pm
Do they where those now? my siblings and I used to wear them - all of us parents ourselves by now.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:08 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
The bubble is a very 70s style, but all styles return. My sister and I used to joke that we were hard pressed to find any childhood pictures of us with pants on! (I mean anything on, on the bottom).

The summer pictures of us are mostly these sleeveless bubbles, with elastic at the legs, like underwear....

Anon.... Don't know how many out there share our family's taste in clothing!

Eta: some of the outfits were actually 2 peices, just waist length a-line tops, with matching bubble underpants (worn over real undies)! LOL

Thanks for the hug, I suppose! Although I'm not sure if it's meant as commiseration with me over having to wear 70's style kids clothes? Or maybe"Awww, you must have been so cute in your little bubble undies, let me hug you? Or no....! It must be my sister! Sara, is that you???

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:22 pm

This. I think those kids look awful. I just don’t start threads about it. People would tell me how judgemental and superficial I am. But we see these threads all the time. It’s pc to make fun of stylish people. Just not the other way around.

To answer ops question. Yes. I loved my toddler in bubbles. The more skin they showed, the better. This one was a halter top look. So the whole back was open.

https://I.imgur.com/z4UyfnA.jpg

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:25 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
This. I think those kids look awful. I just don’t start threads about it. People would tell me how judgemental and superficial I am. But we see these threads all the time. It’s pc to make fun of stylish people. Just not the other way around.

To answer ops question. Yes. I loved my toddler in bubbles. The more skin they showed, the better. This one was a halter top look. So the whole back was open.

https://I.imgur.com/z4UyfnA.jpg

Omg squishball!!!!!
Where is that from?!

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:25 pm
Where do all of you that find it weird live? Bubbles and bloomers are in style for years already in the following communities. Monsey, Lakewood, Flatbush, boro park, five towns... walk on the streets and that’s what all the babies are wearing. It’s the cutest thing imo.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:27 pm

Now look who's being not so nice. My toddlers don't wear this and don't wear that. I have a romper from Ali express that I'm debating not using for my not yet one year old because I think bathing suits belong in the swimming pool. But I don't care if you put them on yours.

My infant not yet toddler wears cute lil legs leggings with adorable short sleeved no collared tees.

I think he looks adorable and honestly I wouldn't care if I saw yours with rompers and bloomers or another kid with a buttoned up shirt.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:28 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

There's a real difference between saying that I don't like the style that your child wears, and saying that their child looks "awful."

You crossed the line. That's nasty and downright cruel. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No matter WHAT I think of the way that you dress your child, I would never stoop to saying that I think he looks "awful."

Really, really nasty and despicable.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:35 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Now look who's being not so nice. My toddlers don't wear this and don't wear that. I have a romper from Ali express that I'm debating not using for my not yet one year old because I think bathing suits belong in the swimming pool. But I don't care if you put them on yours.

My infant not yet toddler wears cute lil legs leggings with adorable short sleeved no collared tees.

I think he looks adorable and honestly I wouldn't care if I saw yours with rompers and bloomers or another kid with a buttoned up shirt.

I am in no way making fun of ANYONE! I dont care how anyone dresses their kids! All little kids look adorable because they are little kids. I have a style that I prefer. OP is not being nice by calling that style "bizarre".

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:59 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
There's a real difference between saying that I don't like the style that your child wears, and saying that their child looks "awful."

You crossed the line. That's nasty and downright cruel. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No matter WHAT I think of the way that you dress your child, I would never stoop to saying that I think he looks "awful."

Really, really nasty and despicable.

Eh. The whole premise of these threads is that your kids look like clowns and you’re a bunch of mindless idiots for following trends. You’re right. Awful is a strong word. And honestly I couldn’t care less what your kid wears. I think all children are beautiful. But I don’t like the double standard.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:00 pm
While I think the look is cute it was more appropriate in the 70s when there was no air conditioning. When I see children dressed like this inside with the air conditioning on I really feel bad for them. Some of these outfits have no material - less then a bathing suit.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:10 pm
merrygold wrote:
Nope pesek zman- people use it as an outfit!!
like this: https://www.amazon.com/Newborn.....dp_11

No pants, shorts, or skirt- just a top! And that's the whole thing

What an adorable outfit!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics