Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
In desperate need of top GI for acid and esophageal pain

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:49 am
Any recommendations in Lakewood area or surroundings?

I have been having lots of symptoms. Throat pain, lots of extra stomach acid, constant phlegm in throat, tight sensation when swallowing

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:43 pm
You can try Dr. Baig at Monmouth. Otherwise, don't think there are too many good GIs in NJ.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:36 pm
I know this is not what you asked, but have you tried changing your diet and using the correct supplementation, guided by a professional of course?

bshap

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:48 pm
Dr Kurtz used him a while ago when I had similar symptoms ecspecially the swallowing and tight sensation..

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:07 pm
Mark tanchel in Hackensack if you are willing to travel a bit

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:40 pm
Rabbi Koenigsberg of Lakewood Echo mentioned a new GI at RWJ who's supposed to be excellent. I forgot his name.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:49 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I know this is not what you asked, but have you tried changing your diet and using the correct supplementation, guided by a professional of course?

I have been avoiding oily and acids foods.
What supplementation and other changes have you heard of ? I will mention to my gp

(honestly I’m not happy at all with gp and could use a new one as well, doesn’t seem to know much besides for the common basics like strep throat etc)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:50 pm
bshap wrote:
Dr Kurtz used him a while ago when I had similar symptoms ecspecially the swallowing and tight sensation..

Can I ask how things went by you? I hope you are better now!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Mark tanchel in Hackensack if you are willing to travel a bit

I def would travel

Thank you for all the leads everyone

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What supplementation and other changes have you heard of ? I will mention to my gp

(honestly I’m not happy at all with gp and could use a new one as well, doesn’t seem to know much besides for the common basics like strep throat etc)

You will be surprised that its probably not the oily or acidic foods that are the culprit. GERD is not very well-understood in the medical field at all, and I would recommend seeing an integrative or functional health practitioner for this. I practice in this field and would love to help you, or you could try Tamar Feldman otherwise known as the gut dietitian. She is in Lakewood I think.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:27 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
You will be surprised that its probably not the oily or acidic foods that are the culprit. GERD is not very well-understood in the medical field at all, and I would recommend seeing an integrative or functional health practitioner for this. I practice in this field and would love to help you, or you could try Tamar Feldman otherwise known as the gut dietitian. She is in Lakewood I think.

Thank you so much for the lead, at this point I am terrified about esophageal damage and will do anything.

bshap

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I ask how things went by you? I hope you are better now!!!!

Bh he ended up referring me to a doc in Mt Sinai because I needed a small procedure but bh nothing since but was so uncomfortable till had procedure

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:32 pm
I don't have a good referral to offer you, but having experienced some of the symptoms that you describe, I would suggest that while you look for the right doctor for you, implement some changes:

No eating 2-3 hours before bed
Elevate your head & neck at night (wedge pillow)
Use a humidifier at night
Avoid trigger foods

Take otc Pepcid as needed

And get tested for H Pylori and SIBO

Good Luck and feel better

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:06 pm
bshap wrote:
Bh he ended up referring me to a doc in Mt Sinai because I needed a small procedure but bh nothing since but was so uncomfortable till had procedure

So glad you feel better at this point! That is encouraging for me, I am not sleeping at night I’m so worried.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:07 pm
gold21 wrote:
I don't have a good referral to offer you, but having experienced some of the symptoms that you describe, I would suggest that while you look for the right doctor for you, implement some changes:

No eating 2-3 hours before bed
Elevate your head & neck at night (wedge pillow)
Use a humidifier at night
Avoid trigger foods

Take otc Pepcid as needed

And get tested for H Pylori and SIBO

Good Luck and feel better

Thank you so much - I will implement this all. Should I also refrain from drinking before bed?

My doctor actually told me that OTC Pepcid might help , I’ll go pick that up.

These changes helped your symptoms go away?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:05 pm
I'm with amother chocolate, even though I did put a doctor's name upthread. GERD is not what it seems. Unfortunately, I have waaaayyy too much experience with all of this. Feel free to pm.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I used to get projectile reflux and was on two 40 nexium daily. When I went very low carb, my reflux disappeared to the point where I take nexium maybe once every three months, and weirdly, the things that set it off most are vegetables. True story.

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much - I will implement this all. Should I also refrain from drinking before bed?

My doctor actually told me that OTC Pepcid might help , I’ll go pick that up.

These changes helped your symptoms go away?

I do drink before bed, yeah, mostly water though

Yes these changes definitely helped me a lot

I have silent reflux (LPR) so symptoms are all in the throat- I don't feel any heartburn

I've never had throat pain though. Is it actual pain or just discomfort?

I can relate to the phlegm in throat, tightness when swallowing, excess stomach acid, but never felt pain in my throat- it's definitely uncomfortable though.

Feel better!

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:44 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I used to get projectile reflux and was on two 40 nexium daily. When I went very low carb, my reflux disappeared to the point where I take nexium maybe once every three months, and weirdly, the things that set it off most are vegetables. True story.

That is so interesting! Is there any specific kind of vegetable , like high carb ones?

Also, did the Nexium give you any side effects?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:52 pm
gold21 wrote:
I do drink before bed, yeah, mostly water though

Yes these changes definitely helped me a lot

I have silent reflux (LPR) so symptoms are all in the throat- I don't feel any heartburn

I've never had throat pain though. Is it actual pain or just discomfort?

Feel better!

My heartburn is less frequent. Main issue is the throat _ I would say it’s a combination,at first was just discomfort but now is pain as well . Discomfort of constant phlegm clogging throat as well as overall swilled feeling making swallowing uncomfortable , combined with now the burning sensation of acid.
Also been having bloating and indigestion

Have you had any side effects from Prevacid? I’m really hoping some diet changes can help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries