Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How often do you think about food?

how often do you think about food?
never  
 0%  [ 0 ]
a normal amount  
 33%  [ 10 ]
all the time  
 66%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 30

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:10 pm
I'm in my mid 40s and trying really hard to lose 5 lbs (I should probably lose 15-20 lbs ideally but I've given up on that dream). I find myself measuring, counting calories, depriving myself and in general it just dawned on me how much of my time is spent thinking about food. My sister recently pointed out to me that I treat food like it's poison. How do I get myself out of this obsession?

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:15 pm
I think about food all the time bc my diet is so restricted due to nursing son's allergies (eggs, milk, potatoes, gluten). There's a lot that I want but can't have. If only this child would take formula Sad woe is me.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:48 pm
Cutting foods out instead of counting calories doesn't work for everyone, but some people can just limit their carbs and then not have to think about their diet at all while losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:57 pm
I think of food all the time because I am ill. I am on a restricted diet and need to lose weight. My heart can't handle the weight. I get migraines if I don't eat and get shakey from low blood sugar. I need to exercise because of my illness. Without food, I am too weak. It's a horrible vicious cycle. I spend all day exercising and preparing food trying to psyche out my body so I have strength to exercise and enough calories to avoid the inevitable migraines.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:16 am
I think about food when I'm bored and sadly that's pretty often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise