Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Monsey Mansion
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:50 pm
There are two houses in Monsey for rent.

The one in jay court stay away from. The house is in disrepair, dirty, and the owner is crazy. He can pop in at any time plus he has a small apartment there so he can be there for shabbos also. It’s really really dirty I know people who bring cleaning ladies with them when they rent it.

The one on Carlton was a beautiful house many years ago that now still has its beauty but definitely needs repairs and it’s noce and big. It’s depressing going into that house now if you remember the beauty of the house years ago.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:52 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
We had a family shabbos in the Jay Street one. It was beyond awful. The owner is absolutely nuts he kept popping in whenever he wanted.

Omg he’s on the premises ?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Omg he’s on the premises ?

The owner is a stalker plus the house is full of video cameras.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:36 pm
When I was looking into the mansions recently, first thing I was told-stay away from the one on Jay Court.

wif

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:50 pm
Another positive review for the Carlton one; we just rented the place for a weekend as a birthday surprise for my mother, and while it is definitely on the run-down side and not immaculately deep-cleaned, the bathrooms were clean, the linens were fresh, and it was huge enough to more than accomodate thr 40+ members of my family. 18 bedrooms, huge dining room, plenty of bathrooms, indoor shul, outdoor pool!

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:51 pm
wif wrote:
Another positive review for the Carlton one; we just rented the place for a weekend as a birthday surprise for my mother, and while it is definitely on the run-down side and not immaculately deep-cleaned, the bathrooms were clean, the linens were fresh, and it was huge enough to more than accomodate thr 40+ members of my family. 18 bedrooms, huge dining room, plenty of bathrooms, indoor shul, outdoor pool!

This! You described it very well.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:50 am
Does anyone have a number or email for the Carlton street house?

potatoes

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:01 pm
Does anyone have the phone number to the Carlton House?

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 9:16 pm
wif wrote:

Does anyone know how much this costs for a shabbos?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 5:59 pm
I hear he's in the basement and walks around

amother
White

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:35 pm
Anyone recently been to 49 Carlton rd?

qwerty4

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:00 pm
I was there last summer. It’s old and musty but definitely decent and it did have the space we needed and which we really enjoyed. Could use some sprucing up, but still serves its purpose well.

amother
White

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:08 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
I was there last summer. It’s old and musty but definitely decent and it did have the space we needed and which we really enjoyed. Could use some sprucing up, but still serves its purpose well.

He claims it's recently renovated. Is that so?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:08 pm
qwerty4 wrote:

I was there a few years ago and it was so gross. The musty smell is horrific. When we came home from there all our stuff smelled for days. I would not recommend it to anyone. The carpet is so disgusting. I was so happy I didn’t have a crawling baby.

qwerty4

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:10 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
He claims it's recently renovated. Is that so?

I didn’t see it before last summer but I would guess not.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:42 pm
Bump. Any recent feedback on the one on Jay Court?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:10 pm
I hear there is one in New city

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I hear there is one in New city

Can you send more info?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:17 pm
u can try mbshabbos.com they have houses in Monsey...

naomi6

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:33 am
My friend that was in New City took it from Air BNB
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics