Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Until what age / size would you dress boy in bloomers?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:23 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
This travesty brings back memories of public school gym suits circa 1960. Thank G-d I went to Hebrew day school and we barely had gym, let alone gym suits. They were awful then and they’re awful now.

I'm still traumatized by those gym suits, as are many of my friends.

This one is missing the belt. Forget that belt 3 times, gym detention. Its also missing the name. Embroidered. Or ... gym detention.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:15 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

I have never actually seen a boy wearing such a thing -- possibly apart from George and Louis -- and would never actually put my kid in them. But whatever floats your boat.

Thanks. I've never seen anything like that.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:36 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Its not their business to tell you how to dress your child - but to have an opinion over how your child looks - hard not to. (I would hope people had the social sense not to tell you they think your child looks weird)..

If they had the social sense not to tell me, than how would I know what they thought?

Lucky for them I have the social sense not to tell them what I think of their children’s clothing.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:52 pm

I have never actually seen a boy wearing such a thing -- possibly apart from George and Louis -- and would never actually put my kid in them. But whatever floats your boat.

I believe the bloomers being spoken about is more like this

https://I.imgur.com/sgfBx2B.jpg

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:10 pm
momsrus wrote:
I believe the bloomers being spoken about is more like this

https://I.imgur.com/sgfBx2B.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a skirt. There's no piece between the legs.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:22 pm
Unless I'm mistaken, that's a skirt. There's no piece between the legs.

You are mistaken. These are bloomers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:35 pm

No one is actually putting anything like that on. Bloomers at hand is like shown on right of this pic

https://I.imgur.com/pSDhlBp.jpg

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:41 am
Until their upsherin. I love the way my 2 year old looks in sleeveless rompers w most of his back and all of his arms and legs showing. It's adorable:) He has some bloomers, too, as does he reg tees and shorts, which are obviously not my favorite.

Angel

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 4:45 am
Until you feel they look odd in them.
I love bloomers, though one mine was too tall and skinny and started walking with 1 year, I said goodbye to all of them

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:24 am
yidisheh mama wrote:
Until their upsherin. I love the way my 2 year old looks in sleeveless rompers w most of his back and all of his arms and legs showing. It's adorable:) He has some bloomers, too, as does he reg tees and shorts, which are obviously not my favorite.

I'm confused. How is this tznius for a boy, but you would never dress a girl like that, with all the skin showing?

I would say it's OK for playing in your own back yard, but in public? Besides, I hope you're slathering him with sunscreen first.

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:13 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm confused. How is this tznius for a boy, but you would never dress a girl like that, with all the skin showing?

I would say it's OK for playing in your own back yard, but in public? Besides, I hope you're slathering him with sunscreen first.

Tznius for a baby?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:21 am
momsrus wrote:
Tznius for a baby?

People are talking about 2 and 3 year olds here. Walking and talking toddlers, not babies. If we were taking about an infant in bloomers, no one would bat an eyelash (still, IMHO, bloomers should go under girl's dresses, and not be considered pants for boys.)

In many circles, girls are expected to wear long sleeves and tights starting at 3, yet boys get to run around in bloomers and short sleeves. The double standards start early.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:33 am
zaq wrote:
Never. I consider it a form of social child abuse.
lucky you, you must live in a teletubbies world

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:39 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
People are talking about 2 and 3 year olds here. Walking and talking toddlers, not babies. If we were taking about an infant in bloomers, no one would bat an eyelash (still, IMHO, bloomers should go under girl's dresses, and not be considered pants for boys.)

In many circles, girls are expected to wear long sleeves and tights starting at 3, yet boys get to run around in bloomers and short sleeves. The double standards start early.

Two year old girls dress just as untznius as two year old boys.

Yes boys wear short sleeves until much later than girls. That’s the norm, how is that a double standard.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:47 am
yidisheh mama wrote:

He must be dark skinned! I dressed my oldest in tanks and it was adorable. When I tried it on my second he got nasty burns and we had to shelve the tanks. I didn’t even buy them with my third.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:56 am
momsrus wrote:
Two year old girls dress just as untznius as two year old boys.

Yes boys wear short sleeves until much later than girls. That’s the norm, how is that a double standard.

Just because something is a norm, doesn't negate the fact that it is a double standard.

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:11 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Just because something is a norm, doesn't negate the fact that it is a double standard.

Right it’s a double standard that men can be topless and women can’t.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:51 pm
Okay, imamother has clearly shown me that I am not in touch with the current, in-town fashion of toddler boys. I can live with that.

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:04 pm
For a boy...why?

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm still traumatized by those gym suits, as are many of my friends.

This one is missing the belt. Forget that belt 3 times, gym detention. Its also missing the name. Embroidered. Or ... gym detention.

My son actually had an outfit somewhat like this when he was about 6 months old. From the Gap, I think. It was adorable and a handy one peice summer outfit but I wouldn't put it on him past 1.5 or so.

Some of my dd's baby dresses came with bloomers lol. Basically to cover the nappy if they were not wearing tights or leggings.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics