Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Moving baby out
Previous  1  2

When did you move your baby out of your bedroom?
Immediately - They never were in my bedroom  
 5%  [ 11 ]
Few weeks - 3 months  
 13%  [ 28 ]
3 months - 6 months  
 25%  [ 52 ]
6 months - 9 months  
 18%  [ 38 ]
9 months - 12 months  
 13%  [ 28 ]
1 year - 1.5 years  
 24%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 207

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:26 am
Israeli_C wrote:
I don't think she meant it that way, I think she meant how are you able to have relations with all those kids in the bedroom with you

exactly. how is the act happening like this

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:42 am
Families used to live all in one room.

There is no problem halachicly if the others are sleeping. Awake children must be before the age they can describe what they see.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:12 pm
We moved to a 2 bedroom right after baby turned 3 months so she got her own room at that point- our new room was too small for her pack n play. She spent through most of the night but very noisily. Room is right next to ours (small apt) plus I had a monitor at first.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:48 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
There is no problem halachicly if the others are sleeping. Awake children must be before the age they can describe what they see.

Yo, it'd be the talk of the kindergarten Laugh

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:13 am
As soon as each child outgrew his little "ariza" (small crib) and had to upgrade to a full-size crib, the s/he was moved into another room.

Our small Israeli master bedroom would be too cramped with our beds + a full-size crib.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 3:48 am
4.5 months. At first I left my door open when I couldn’t use the monitor but now I can hear him through 2 closed doors. We both sleep better in separate rooms, and I was tired of tiptoeing around my room at night.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 3:59 am
I read that the risk of SIDS is lower if the baby is in your room in their own cot. So I tried to keep my baby in my room till 6 months (when the risks of SIDS goes down). But that didn't always work out due to space constraints...we had a tiny moses basket type thing which the baby grew out of after 3 months so in our current house (which doesn't fit a regular sized cot in our room) we had to move the baby out sooner. The baby's room is right next to ours and shares a wall so we always heard the baby.

If your twins are 6 months definitely move them out.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 4:42 am
My babies moved out into their own room about 5-6 months. I have a camera monitor in their room with the base on my night table (picture and sound). I keep the camera there until they're 2-3 yrs old, so I can hear and see anytime they cry.

Best thing I ever did was putting them in their own room. They started sleeping through the night and so did I.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:00 am
Reading all those who put their kid out under 6 months, my thoughts were similar to Raisin's: How are you not afraid of SIDS? I want to wake up from every tiny sniffle during those first few months. I don't want to think of my child suffering quietly and me not hearing. Back to OP, your kids are already older. I moved my kids out somewhere between 14 and 18 months.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:23 am
As a first time mom, I was terrified to have baby leave my room. Once she got old enough to realize I was right there she would wake up and cry [I][I]to me[/I] [/I][I]. She would not let up until I came to her. At that point I allowed myself to be convinced into moving her (6 months) and I am so glad I did!!! I feel like a new person because she sleeps so much better!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:34 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Reading all those who put their kid out under 6 months, my thoughts were similar to Raisin's: How are you not afraid of SIDS? I want to wake up from every tiny sniffle during those first few months. I don't want to think of my child suffering quietly and me not hearing. Back to OP, your kids are already older. I moved my kids out somewhere between 14 and 18 months.

If I woke up from every sniffle I wouldn't sleep. She moves and grunts all night long.
Do you get out of bed every hour to check on the baby??

finprof

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:22 am
My kids never slept in our room, they all went directly into cribs in the bedroom across from ours. I will admit that the first 3 months sucked because I had to get up to go nurse them but we all need our own space.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:52 pm
Honestly the earlier the better. Once he started sleeping through the night I put him in his own room that’s right next to mine. We both sleep better this way and he loves his crib. He has lots of room to move around.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:12 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
If I woke up from every sniffle I wouldn't sleep. She moves and grunts all night long.
Do you get out of bed every hour to check on the baby??

No, my baby sleeps near me, so all I need to do is open my eyes to look at her and see that she's ok.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:25 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Honestly the earlier the better. Once he started sleeping through the night I put him in his own room that’s right next to mine.

I've still got a 2 year old who, 70% of the time doesn't sleep through the night :/
I have low expectations for the twins sleeping through the night in the near future!!

Tehila1

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:41 pm
Well...we start off the night without any kids in our bedroom. But somehow in the morning, there are two kids spread all over the place Smile

But seriously, when my baby was 14 months we moved her out.

It was far too late in my opinion, but I was worried, that like you OP, I wouldn't hear her when she would cry. She has the most feminine quiet cry ever and I was convinced I wouldn't hear her.

Well believe it or no, I heard no loud noises and no alarm clocks but you can bet your bottom dollar, I heard her every time.
I think we are just attuned to what we need to hear.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 3:40 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My babies go from the hospital to their own room and have all been great sleepers bh!

Or maybe they're not such great sleepers but you dont hear them? How would you know?

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 7:47 am
My baby doesn’t sleep through the night. I moved her when she was 6 months old and hear her very well if she’s crying, but not as well if she’s talking or making silly sounds etc. I go to her room to nurse her when she wakes up crying. this works well for us. You do what feels comfortable for you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics