Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Why is Shabbos prep taking all day?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:23 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Invite guests on Monday
Plan on Tuesday
Shop on Wednesday
Cook on Thursday
If I need to do any cooking on Friday, all the prep is done before hand, chopping etc.

All salads are chopped and prepped on Thursday in seperate components, including all dressings.

Challah is usually baked once a month on Tuesday.

I plan Friday lunch and Motze Shabbat on Tuesday as well, and it’s all prepped on Thursday.

I have cleaning help Monday and Friday
She does ALL the cleaning, laundry, and sets the table.

Friday is me day.
Also I try to be completely ready an hour before Shabbat. That’s the time I sit with a magazine and drink a coffee.

I don’t work anymore, but when I did the schedule was the same. Except Friday was a working day. But I still had my coffee an hour before Shabbat

Sounds surreal!! I planned to sit with my coffee this Friday, and all went well, until one kid spilled soup all over the floor, my toddler got her food all over herself, so needed another bath right before shabbos...ended up not sitting for even a split second...
Oh well, going to try again this week...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note