Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Did your dd have to do their own cooking in seminary

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:27 am
Please pm me if your duaghter had to do their own cooking in seminary in Israel.. I have some questions about how they managed that and choosing food and having time to cook etc.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:31 am
I went to a seminary where I cooked breakfast and dinner not that long ago. Feel free to be in touch

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:07 am
no, she had all meals provided.

I did though in Seminary. We got breakfast and lunch provided but had to make our own supper. The girls in our apartment got together and did a rota so one or two girls (it was so long ago! can't remember) made supper every night.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:09 am
Raisin wrote:
no, she had all meals provided.

I did though in Seminary. We got breakfast and lunch provided but had to make our own supper. The girls in our apartment got together and did a rota so one or two girls (it was so long ago! can't remember) made supper every night.

what a great idea!

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:24 am
we were given lunch and had to feed ourselves for the breakfast and dinner.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 11:40 am
We were given lunch. Everything else we had to prepare. Ask me any questions. Happy to help. It was actually very nice. We all cooked together, everyone in my apartment.
Mind you I was in sem over 20 years sgo, but there were no problems. And it helped me become more independent and helped me to learn how to show for what I needed

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 12:14 pm
We were given lunch, but it was Israeli lunch, so it was dinner food. I had chicken almost every day for lunch. Dinner was not the main meal of the day, so it was not a huge deal to scramble eggs, open a can of tuna or boil a pot of noodles. Some girls were very fancy and prepared fresh fish etc, but that seemed overboard (and very expensive and time consuming to purchase) when we had the opportunity to eat chicken and plenty of veg at lunch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics