Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o Boys in Bloomers
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:17 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Eh. The whole premise of these threads is that your kids look like clowns and you’re a bunch of mindless idiots for following trends. You’re right. Awful is a strong word. And honestly I couldn’t care less what your kid wears. I think all children are beautiful. But I don’t like the double standard.

Nope. Just re-read the thread. Every post referred to whether or not they liked the "style." You are the only one who said nasty things about someone else's child.

The only double standard is yours -- that its OK for you to demean someone else's CHILD, but not for anyone to disagree with your taste in clothing.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:20 pm
sky wrote:
While I think the look is cute it was more appropriate in the 70s when there was no air conditioning. When I see children dressed like this inside with the air conditioning on I really feel bad for them. Some of these outfits have no material - less then a bathing suit.

This.
It makes me wonder if the parents are sacrificing their child's health and comfort for their own sake- so they could be seen as stylish and with it, in a narcissistic way

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:27 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Nope. Just re-read the thread. Every post referred to whether or not they liked the "style." You are the only one who said nasty things about someone else's child.

The only double standard is yours -- that its OK for you to demean someone else's CHILD, but not for anyone to disagree with your taste in clothing.

So let me rephrase. I think that style looks awful on children.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:40 pm
sky wrote:
While I think the look is cute it was more appropriate in the 70s when there was no air conditioning. When I see children dressed like this inside with the air conditioning on I really feel bad for them. Some of these outfits have no material - less then a bathing suit.

There was air conditioning in the 70s. And in the 60s. Even the 50s, although maybe not quite so ubiquitous.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 6:44 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
There was air conditioning in the 70s. And in the 60s. Even the 50s, although maybe not quite so ubiquitous.

Not to derail this thread but it often was not the whole home. DH and I both have memories of the 80s crowding into the one bedroom with air during a heat wave or everyone packing into the living room and avoiding the kitchen because there was one unit on the main floor.
In the 60s and 70s my father sometimes slept outside to catch some breathable air.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:24 pm
cm wrote:
What an adorable outfit!

This thread epitomizes the Talmudic expression about taam v’reach. Different strokes for different folks.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:35 pm
I think it's fine for up until about 2 . Once a kid is closer to 2.5/3 I would start dressing more covered.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:10 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
This. I think those kids look awful. I just don’t start threads about it. People would tell me how judgemental and superficial I am. But we see these threads all the time. It’s pc to make fun of stylish people. Just not the other way around.

To answer ops question. Yes. I loved my toddler in bubbles. The more skin they showed, the better. This one was a halter top look. So the whole back was open.

https://I.imgur.com/z4UyfnA.jpg

OMG, I love that outfit!!! Thanks mommy3b2c for your hand-me-downs. My son used them last summer, and since he got skinny-ish over the year, there are actually 3 things (this one, another romper and a sleeveless top with bloomers) that still fit, and they're my favorite of his outfits this season:)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:21 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
OMG, I love that outfit!!! Thanks mommy3b2c for your hand-me-downs. My son used them last summer, and since he got skinny-ish over the year, there are actually 3 things (this one, another romper and a sleeveless top with bloomers) that still fit, and they're my favorite of his outfits this season:)

I’m so happy to hear you are enjoying the stuff! You made my day!!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:24 pm
I'm in Israel, and I have never seen toddlers dressed like this, with so much skin exposed. Kids in my area all dress in normal, Yeshivish type clothes, nothing weird or trendy.

Like I said before, if this is around the house or playing in the back yard, fine. I would just find it strange to see a child dressed like this in public.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:52 pm
It makes for an adorable picture. I just don’t see it being practical unless you send the day outside.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv.....hl=en
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics