Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Day trip near Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

OIF SIMCHAS

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:01 pm
Thanks. I think an indoor place would work better for us as Dh doesn't like to be out in the heat. Has anyone been to the 9/11 museum? Is it a good choice?

lcraighten

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:23 pm
I've been there, not so much to see honestly :/. Maybe do an escape the room?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:31 pm
lcraighten wrote:
If you are just going with your husband, Hudson Yards in the city is really nice now and the Highline is a great walking park

That's not a place to bring your husband or kids. I went there with my teens, and there was too much gayness and nude sunbathing. Same relations couples revolt me. It was the 5th of July if that makes a difference.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:32 pm
What about indoor skiing?

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:35 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What about indoor skiing?

Where is this?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:25 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
That's not a place to bring your husband or kids. I went there with my teens, and there was too much gayness and nude sunbathing. Same relations couples revolt me. It was the 5th of July if that makes a difference.

Nude sunbathing or highly immodest (but still dressed) sunbathing? And if nude, are you referring to Highline or Hudson Yards, as I definitely want to steer clear.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:26 pm
aricelli wrote:
Where is this?

I've heard that the new mall at the Meadowlands will have indoor skiing, but it's not open yet. The only indoor skiing I'm aware of is in Dubai; I enjoyed it immensely and highly recommend it, but not for a day trip from Brooklyn! Smile

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:51 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Nude sunbathing or highly immodest (but still dressed) sunbathing? And if nude, are you referring to Highline or Hudson Yards, as I definitely want to steer clear.

There's no nude sunbathing on the Highline or Hudson Yards. And while it is legal for both men and women to be topless in NYC -- and yeah, that includes Brooklyn -- I've yet to see a topless woman walking the streets.

Sheesh.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:59 pm
OIF SIMCHAS wrote:
Hi. Looking to go out with DH on July 4 for few hours while kids in day camp. Is there any place to hang out that won't have a problem with shmirat einayim? Museum, very quiet beach, nice scenic lookout, tubing? I work every day that my kids are in school, year round and can really use the break. Any suggestions appreciated.

ON July 4?

Beaches will be wall-to-wall packed. So will public parks and most of Manhattan. Any day other than July 4, I'd say Governor's Island, or the Highline, or Battery Park. July 4? Stay away.

Maybe head up to Tarrytown for the Westchester River Walk? Maybe that won't be as crowded.

If you need Manhattan, and need a museum, try the Cooper Hewitt.

Or a boat tour around Manhattan.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
ON July 4?

Beaches will be wall-to-wall packed. So will public parks and most of Manhattan. Any day other than July 4, I'd say Governor's Island, or the Highline, or Battery Park. July 4? Stay away.

Maybe head up to Tarrytown for the Westchester River Walk? Maybe that won't be as crowded.

If you need Manhattan, and need a museum, try the Cooper Hewitt.

Or a boat tour around Manhattan.

Lol! I went last year to the beach on July four- not sure exactly what I was thinking prior to going... probably desperation for a mental health day which turned out to be anything but!

Last edited by aricelli on Thu, Jun 27 2019, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

lcraighten

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:17 pm
What about going to see the mansions in upstate NY? Anyone know more about those? Might be fun!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics