Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Laser Hair Removal in Brooklyn

laser hair removal, who to go to?
Shulamis 17 m and n  
 13%  [ 3 ]
Smooth touch- suri rosen  
 30%  [ 7 ]
barely there- chany pilchik  
 0%  [ 0 ]
suri appel  
 4%  [ 1 ]
smooth and silky laser hair removal 57 15 and 16  
 0%  [ 0 ]
shaindy jacobowitz  
 8%  [ 2 ]
supreme laser  
 4%  [ 1 ]
soft touch  
 4%  [ 1 ]
laser image  
 0%  [ 0 ]
sharona mintz  
 0%  [ 0 ]
panim yaffot  
 0%  [ 0 ]
etty silber  
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:40 pm
I've looked at most posts in the past about laser hair removal and where people went. Who did you go to and would you recommend her? Who should I stay away from? I would like to especially hear from people who have done it recently.

Downtown City Spa, Shulamis, Supreme laser, Romeo and Juliet in Manhattan, Anna's Laser- Foster and east 5, Soft touch (ocean), esthetics allure (nostrand and u), laser image, sharona mintz, soft lace or touch (alice), panim yafot (jena), Etty Silber (13 and 43), Shaindy Jacobowitz, Smooth and silky (57 15 and 16), Surie appel, barely there (chany pilchik), smooth touch laser (suri rosen).

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 11:29 am
by shira laser
46&18 in bp

justmarried

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 12:45 pm
I used Supreme Laser and I'm very happy there. She is so sweet and patient. She gives me so much time and is great to deal with. I know she has a great machine - I did some research before I started. Some places use IPL or Diode laser machines which are not effective in the long run. They are usually cheaper (because the machines are much cheaper) but are not worth using. You should look for a place that uses Alexandrite technology. There are a few different brands that use it. Or Yag which is for dark skin.

Btw, Surie Appel is the owner of Supreme Laser. You have it listed as 2 separate places.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 12:47 pm
I used Sharon shirazi-levhar on 29 and v or w. She is amazing and gentle. She does electrolysis and laser.
I see she is not on your list, but she is great!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 2:53 pm
Do research on what type of machine each choice uses, as there are many different ones that work differently on skin and hair color.

For example IPL is better for fair skin and dark hair, whereas Ruby is better for light skin and light hair. Some lasers won't work on tanned or dark skin at all.

Also ask references if the cosmetician will be truthful. I did a few laser sessions with 2 technicians (not with any of the ones you listed) and only on the third try found someone truthful enough to say I won't get perfect results!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 3:39 pm
IPL and ruby and never the best option. They are just the cheaper option, so the people that use that are trying to convince you it's good enough. IPL does not even use real laser.

Pooh

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 4:06 pm
U forgot bensimon day spa. I didn't do laser but I know they do it and have good payment plans just in case u need an other option

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:35 pm
where is Etty Silber located and her phone number?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:
where is Etty Silber located and her phone number?
43rd street between 13 and 14.

mom18

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:40 pm
suri rosen smooth touch is great!

amother
Plum

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 12:03 pm
Bump does anyone want to add anything to this list?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

babysmum

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 3:56 pm
I'm looking for a place too would love help deciding, I have fair skin and dark hair whats my best option?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 4:02 pm
I used Anna's Laser. I stopped after 3 sessions because I couldn't handle the pain (she said I need 6-8 sessions). It's been around 3 years and that hair is much much lighter and thinner than the rest of my hair so it was definitely effective. She was very reasonably priced.
My mother did her entire body there and the results were permanent.

Eta. I have very pale skin and dark hair. ( I wear a color 4 wig).

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 6:23 am
Bumping this thread. What's your experience?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 10:02 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I've looked at most posts in the past about laser hair removal and where people went. Who did you go to and would you recommend her? Who should I stay away from? I would like to especially hear from people who have done it recently.

Downtown City Spa, Shulamis, Supreme laser, Romeo and Juliet in Manhattan, Anna's Laser- Foster and east 5, Soft touch (ocean), esthetics allure (nostrand and u), laser image, sharona mintz, soft lace or touch (alice), panim yafot (jena), Etty Silber (13 and 43), Shaindy Jacobowitz, Smooth and silky (57 15 and 16), Surie appel, barely there (chany pilchik), smooth touch laser (suri rosen).

Which did you end up using? Were you happy? Around how much does it cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics