Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Bungalow colony- safe?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:31 am
Rosemarie wrote:
I know of more than a few colonies that are not allowing non vaxxers. Thise that are rented out are just not renting to.non vaxxed, and yes they ask about it. I know someone who was told no despite her begging and building them. Some other places, where each unit is separately owned, everyone has to bring signed proof of immunity/vaccination, otherwise they cannot use any public facilities. So no shul, mikva, pool, day camp, cheder, playground... basically, very isolated.

So no, not everywhere is it hefker. Enough people are just fed up with the lack of consideration from anti vaxxers in not isolating when necessary so the outbreak would stop. They are taking matters into their own hands where they can.

Yeah? Who's standing at the gate on visiting day asking for proof of vaccination? What if someone who's not immune wants to go to Walmart to pick up some milk, and crosses paths with someone who is incubating measles?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:35 am
mlc wrote:
What would be different in a bungalow colony?
Nothing there would sooner incubate germs or alter immunity ....
Unless the other option was for kids to not attend day camp and stay home in solitary confinement ?

A bungalow colony is much more of a public place than a private house. Someone who's not immune can stay home all day in their safe haven and not go into public places. From my understanding, people are outdoors all day, visiting other colonies, going to Walmart, etc etc etc. So it shouldn't be safe for someone who's not immune to go, unless they stay locked up in their bedroom all summer.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah? Who's standing at the gate on visiting day asking for proof of vaccination? What if someone who's not immune wants to go to Walmart to pick up some milk, and crosses paths with someone who is incubating measles?

My granddaughters are in a camp that is not having visiting day. Camps do take campers off grounds and are hoping that the 100% vaccination rate will protect them. NY camps are no longer allowed to accept non vaccinated campers. This could affect bungalow day camps if enforced.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What if someone who's not immune wants to go to Walmart to pick up some milk, and crosses paths with someone who is incubating measles?

If you're in a colony where everyone is vaccinated, there's a much higher chance that everyone from your bungalow colony who goes to Walmart will be immune. Of course some people may not be, but again, if everyone else at the colony is immunized, there's a much lower risk that it'll spread and make its way to vulnerable people (babies, elderly, sick).

If you know you'll be in contact with a vulnerable person, probably best to get your titers checked just to make sure.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:42 am
WhatFor wrote:
If you're in a colony where everyone is vaccinated, there's a much higher chance that everyone from your bungalow colony who goes to Walmart will be immune. Of course some people may not be, but again, if everyone else at the colony is immunized, there's a much lower risk that it'll spread and make its way to vulnerable people (babies, elderly, sick).

If you know you'll be in contact with a vulnerable person, probably best to get your titers checked just to make sure.

Notice your use of the word "immunized" instead of "vaccinated" and yet "immune" means "immune. Be careful. Vaccinated does not equal immunized.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:19 am
WhatFor wrote:

Ok so mothers cant take their babies shopping? Immunocompromised people cant go pick up eggs?

yerushamama

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so mothers cant take their babies shopping? Immunocompromised people cant go pick up eggs?

Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way to keep them completely safe. Even if everyone would vaccinate against everything for which we have vaccines, there are viruses we don't yet have vaccines for, contagious bacterial infections, and many people who either can't be safely vaccinated or whose immunity has disappeared.

I wish there was a better solution, a better way to keep everyone safe. Making sure that whoever can be is safely vaccinated is a start, but even with that we just have to do our hishtadlus to keep our loved ones safe and daven.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:18 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My granddaughters are in a camp that is not having visiting day. Camps do take campers off grounds and are hoping that the 100% vaccination rate will protect them. NY camps are no longer allowed to accept non vaccinated campers. This could affect bungalow day camps if enforced.

huh?
did you read NY DOH website?
it states that vaccination for camps is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but not required.
unless the camp is on a college campus
which camps exactly are not taking unvaccinated children?
I'm glad that I don't know any
I am not talking about requesting Measles immunity. I can understand that, It's very hard to keep every child with cold like symptoms isolated in camp
the parents have a choice to vax or expose beforehand...

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:19 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Is measles still spreading in NY?

it's no longer spreading because there is no need in exposing children anymore because measles immunity isn't gonna help children get back to school at this point
so no,

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:47 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
it's no longer spreading because there is no need in exposing children anymore because measles immunity isn't gonna help children get back to school at this point
so no,

I'm not 100% aware of what's going on in NY (I live OOT). Can you please rephrase this or elaborate so I can understand what you're saying? Thanks! Very Happy Smile

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:51 pm
I know this is a little late, but here's a good indicator:
In a bungalow colony with a real day camp / boys cheder, and has a gov't funded lunch program, chances are there wont be any unvaccinated (or very few unvaccinated) people, bc the legal camps / day camps are not allowed to allow in unvaxxed kids. I had to submit my 6 yr old's immunization records ahead of time.
if there's no day camp on premises or it's a 'heimish' day camp with no gov't sponsored lunch program, you'll have to ask someone in the colony what the story is there.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:10 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
so no,

Rockland county had 3 new cases in the last week but it is BH slowing down but maybe because people are not deliberately exposing and maybe because of mass vaccination programs.

keym

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:15 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
so no,

But I thought we want our kids to get the measles. All the health benefits.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:23 pm
keym wrote:
LOL LOL LOL

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:26 pm
keym wrote:

All those who wanted the health benefits had ample time from November...

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:36 pm
Camp we’re in required immunization records for staff families- all parents and kids.
My sisters camp is not having visiting day so as not to potentially expose campers.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:37 pm
keym wrote:

Pity they get lifetime immunity then, no?
Imagine getting all those health benefits multiple times in your life... what a boost to the system to get a ‘refresher’.

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I didnt . My baby didnt go out in public at all besides for a doctors office for about 5 months until she was vaccinated. DH and I had to take turns staying in the car or at home with her even to do basic grocery errands.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 3:51 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I didnt . My baby didnt go out in public at all besides for a doctors office for about 5 months until she was vaccinated. DH and I had to take turns staying in the car or at home with her even to do basic grocery errands.

The anti-vax answer to that is that you should have never been vaccinated when you were a child. Then you could have had measles and your baby would be immune. Since they don't have an answer for how to protect your baby from them, they want you to blame your parents, the government, and big pharma, but not blame them.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 6:49 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Is measles still spreading in NY?

Here in rockland county my 2 of my neighbors kids had the measles. I doubt she reported it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics