Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Att divorcees or anyone who knows one

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:10 am
I'm a divorcee and prior to marriage I was uncomfortable about certain things, knew something was wrong, deep in my gut, and chose to ignore it. I thought I would overcome whatever deficit was in the relationship or him, and with that optimism/denial I got married anyway, despite my doubts.
I was just wondering if there are ANY divorced women who went into marriage thinking that they were truly making the best decision they could for themselves. If there are any divorcees who went into marriage thinking that their man was a wonderful partner for them and their set of needs and that marrying him would truly be the best decision to make for themselves.
Did it truly feel right for them, or did they brush aside the gut feelings that there is something that would perhaps prevent the marriage from working out.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:33 am
yes of course
just like there are many reasons for divorce
there are just as many different scenarios

hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:39 am
I think everybody goes into a marriage with some doubts. No man is perfect and there will always be some problem, discomfort, or something that can potentially be seen as a red flag in hindsight. Even if you think you are making an excellent decision, there will always be something you can look back on and say you ignored a sign or a problem.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:03 pm
Yes of course. I truly believed all the propaganda that gets drummed into young women that marriage is hard, life is a struggle, nobody is perfect, be grateful and happy for what you get, the women sets the tone and is responsible for what happens in a marriage, etc. I truly went into marriage thinking that I was making the best decision they could for themselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics