Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Serendipity Lakewood NJ

freshair

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 7:26 am
Hi. Can someone please tell me a little bit about how it works shopping at Serendipity. Does it go by appointment?
Also, what size does it start with for kids and what is the average amount per item?

cy

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:04 am
I have never been in there, but from their ads it seems like it runs like a regular store, with regular hours.

momof2+?

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:33 am
They are open like a regular store and you shop like a regular store. They even have a DVD playing in the back to distract the kids while you shop. Not sure if they allow private appointments. They carry female clothes infant through adult. Not sure what size boys clothing goes up to. Maybe a boys size 10? I don't know exact prices but I'll estimate. They have used racks and new racks. Used kids clothing is about 3 dollars a piece. Don't know about adult. New kids clothing is maybe $12 for a shabbos item. They also carry underwear, shoes, sock, tights, coats, hair pieces, tichels and pj's.

lfab

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:31 am
They have set store hours but I don't know what they are. You can call to find out (732) 813-3352. Each category of clothes has a price. So kids clothes start at $2, I'm not sure if bigger sizes are more. Ladies tops are a set price, skirts another, etc. but I don't know the exact prices, again you can call and ask. They also have racks of brand new items which tend to be more, but still very cheap compared to normal retail. Those items are priced as marked. I've gotten brand new skirts, dresses, and tops for my girls there from frum brands there for as low as 4 or 5 dollars. Gorgeous shabbos dresses for around $15, etc. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to browse when you go since it takes awhile to sift through everything.

seeker

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:19 pm
Wow. Still waiting for them to open a Brooklyn or Queens branch Sad

freshair

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:42 pm
Can I pay with a credit card?

rgr

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:51 pm
freshair wrote:
Can I pay with a credit card?

Yes

flippingout18!

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:14 am
I know this is an old post.... what are the general prices like there? is it worth it for me to drive in from out of state to check out serendipity?

freshair

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:17 am
Yes. It is. You can get a full bag of clothes for a season for under $100

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:49 am
Depends on your size. XL and plus are hit or miss from my experience. And like any not for profit resale store, check each item carefully.
It's really a wonderful place. I'm surprised to hear that NY doesn't have anything like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains