Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sleep Issues

Frumom

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 2:07 pm
I need some good ideas and advice:

Both my 5 month old and my 2 year old are driving me insane with 'sleep issues'

5 month old- takes a pacifier but will NOT go to sleep without being rocked. I spend a good few hours rocking him to sleep each day. I have tried waiting until he's drowsy to put him in, when I do so, he spits the pacifier out and screams. I only put him in when he is well fed, changed, burped and of course tired. He wont nurse to sleep so at least I dont have to go through that.

2 year old- For naps, will be really tired but stands up in his crib jumping up and down, after a while I just go in and take him out, after all he isn't going to sleep anyway for some reason. Same sitch as above; ate, changed and all that.

Please help

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 2:49 pm
I would recommend that you read the book THE NO CRY SLEEP SOLUTION. It is a book chock full of ideas to help get your children to go to sleep and stay asleep better. No one idea works for all children, and so this book has a lot of ideas to help you find the perfect one that works for both you and child.

Keep in mind that if you teach your child to go to sleep in a non threatening way then when they are older, going to sleep and staying asleep is a lot more enjoyable and easier for them. Also, the time you spend putting your children to sleep is time well spent....I have found over the years that this is a very special bonding time and the memories will last a lifetime.

good luck!!

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 2:50 pm
Does your 2 yr old like tapes? I would put him in with his favorite tape and take him out when the tape is done. It's not so much the sleep I would be concerned about but the rest and tuned-down time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics