Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 AM WAKE UP?! ADVISE PLS

jfk92

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:28 am
My 13 month old has just started to wake up at 4/430. Till about last two weeks he was sleeping till 6/630. Ideally he naps 2x a day sometimes its 1x, bedtime is 615/630. I dont know what to do, a bottle doesn't help. I dont believe its hunger, he eats his solids very well bh. He is otherwise in a great mood, active etc but I reallly dont think hes sleeping enough.

yerushamama

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:35 am
Is there some outside noise at that time? I have had kids wake up from garbage trucks, neighbor's alarm clocks, etc. If you rule out these things, maybe make his bedtime about half an hour later and see if that helps.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:46 am
Depending how much he's sleeping during the day, it might be that he's actually getting enough sleep. How much daytime sleep does he get?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:49 am
I would move his bedtime an hour later. Or cut out a nap.

My kids need 12 hours. They sleep 6-6 at a young age and drop naps early.

If you don't want to change anything, leave a snack and sippy cup where he can find it in the morning. After a few weeks of dping this it should buy you a half hour

987gold

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:52 am
I think you should give 2 naps a day still If child needs and push bedtime later to 745.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 11:01 am
We went through this for about a year. It was a nightmare, nothing helped. We tried earlier bed time, late bed time. No naps etc... Nothing helped, it was just his internal body clock. Now he is three and he wakes up on the dot of 5.30 no matter when he goes to sleep. I found going to sleep anytime between 6-9 would be the same wake up. But if he had a late nap and went to sleep at ten that could stretch it until six. Obviously, after a while he became so over tired he would crash and sleep during the day. I think the main thing is to prevent them being over tired because when these kids are tired it just gets worse. Good luck. Sorry no really helpful advice.

jfk92

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 11:07 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
We went through this for about a year. It was a nightmare, nothing helped. We tried earlier bed time, late bed time. No naps etc... Nothing helped, it was just his internal body clock. Now he is three and he wakes up on the dot of 5.30 no matter when he goes to sleep. I found going to sleep anytime between 6-9 would be the same wake up. But if he had a late nap and went to sleep at ten that could stretch it until six. Obviously, after a while he became so over tired he would crash and sleep during the day. I think the main thing is to prevent them being over tired because when these kids are tired it just gets worse. Good luck. Sorry no really helpful advice.

Omg this is my fear!

rachel6543

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 12:06 pm
Do you have blackout blinds and a noise machine in your kids bedroom? I find it *helps* my kids usually sleep longer. Doesn’t always work, but definitely helps.

jfk92

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 1:26 pm
Hes a really deep sleeper when he is sleeping, so I dont think its a noise issue. I also dont hear anything at that hour and our bedrooms are really close, so I don't believe thats it. And I do have blackout shades. Plus its also still dark when he gets up now. Ill try later bedtime but he usually gets really tired by 630. If not ill skip a nap and try to reset everything. Love him to pieces but 4am is just to early lol

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 5:31 pm
I reset my baby's clock by cuddling her back to sleep in my bed when she woke up. I was able to move it later by about an hour a week. Just be careful that they don't expect it too much- my kid was younger when I did it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics