Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Safe letter from camp
Previous  1  2

little neshamala

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:43 am
DVOM wrote:
My approach:

Like talking about s-ex, talking about safe touch shouldn't be a one-time conversation. It should be woven into your normal day to day conversations and interactions (If you don't have positive, relaxed, lighthearted, normal day to day conversations and interactions you have a different set of challenges altogether!). I talk in a calm, meandering, story-telling sort of way.

For example, with my naked, waltzing four year old, when changing into a bathing suit:"Look at you handsome guy! Come on, lets get that bathing suit on quick. Your tush and weenie are gorgous, but we need to get them into your suit! Those parts are private. Sometimes a mommy or abba helps you get dressed, and a doctor might ask your permission to look over there to make sure everything is growing healthy, but other than that we keep our undies on because those parts are specially yours. No one is allowed to look or touch without permission and a good reason. If anyone ever tells you to show them your private spots or touch your private spots you can tell mommy or abba right away. We'd be really proud of you for letting us know."

With my almost 11 year old son, describing a scene in a book he read in which a boy character had a crush on a girl character: "That must have been so interesting for you to read. It's normal when boys get bigger that they stop seeing girls as annoying or babyish and start noticing that they're pretty. It's a very special time in a boys life. It's part of G-d helping you grow into being a man, who can find one special and wonderful girl to marry one day. Your a long way away from that, but it's normal to start feeling curious about girls. When your little, you don't really notice that girls are too different than you, but as you grow up, you start to notice more. Do you have any questions about it? You know, Abba told me once that he was curious about girls too when he was your age, most boys are. Do you want to talk to him about it?"

Agree with this so much
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children