Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How would you present this? want to cut hours and workload

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:30 pm
I work for a place that can sometimes be crazy busy, sometimes on the quieter side. I have been wanting to cut my hours for a while but I know that if I do, my workload won't decrease, just my salary. So I keep pushing through because at least if I'm doing the same amount of work I should get paid for it. It's getting too hard though to keep working full time and I really need to do this.

How can I present to them that I want to cut my hours and that I need the workload to be commensurate with the amount of hours I work? They've had part timers before and I never saw a difference in our workloads.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:33 pm
.nvm

Last edited by Moonlight on Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:34 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Say something like I want to work different hours but I will make sure all the work is done, even if I have to do it from home in evenings.

Isn't this the opposite of what she wants? I think she is saying she wants her new workload to fit into her new part time hours.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:37 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
Isn't this the opposite of what she wants? I think she is saying she wants her new workload to fit into her new part time hours.

oops
you are right.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work for a place that can sometimes be crazy busy, sometimes on the quieter side. I have been wanting to cut my hours for a while but I know that if I do, my workload won't decrease, just my salary. So I keep pushing through because at least if I'm doing the same amount of work I should get paid for it. It's getting too hard though to keep working full time and I really need to do this.

How can I present to them that I want to cut my hours and that I need the workload to be commensurate with the amount of hours I work?

Are there specific responsibilities that you can identify that could be shifted to another person.

In other words - can you write a detailed job description of what you do, noting how much time you think you spend on average (as a percentage of total working hours) doing those tasks? (you many need to do this by season).... Then highlight items you'd like moved to someone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics