Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Someone claimed I scratched their car wwyd?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:30 pm
I was parked on a street, parallel parked. My car did not touch the back of her car. My front bumper does not have a scratch. She left a note claiming I scratched her back bumper. I left her a message and she hasn’t called me back. I’m so upset because I park so carefully and I didn’t go close to her car.

creditcards

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:34 pm
What message did you leave her? I would Just ignore.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:35 pm
If you know you didn't scratch her car then there's nothing you can do other than telling her the truth. She can't prove it was you. Maybe someone parked in the same spot while her car was already there and then left before you took the spot. Maybe her car was already scratched and she only just noticed. Maybe she is trying to scam you. Who knows?

Don't feel bad for something you did not do and don't let anyone guilt you into taking responsibility for it either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:35 pm
I said you left a note in my car but I don’t think I scratched your car....halachically what am I supposed to do?

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:38 pm
Halachically you should not go scratching people's cars..which you didn't. So nothing further is really required, the burden of proof is on her.

creditcards

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I said you left a note in my car but I don’t think I scratched your car....halachically what am I supposed to do?

Did you give your phone number?
You don't need to do anything. I would Just ignore it. I wouldn't even write a note back. What made her decide you scratched her car? Did she see?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:42 pm
She may be trying her luck at scamming you. It's quite common. Just ignore the note.

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:45 pm
Next time, take a picture in a situation like that. Take a picture of your car with a time and date stamp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics