Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dave Ramsey Financial Program

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:10 pm
Hello dear Imamothers,

Can any of you tell me if the Dave Ramsey program is compatible with a Frum Jewish lifestyle? Particularly for a divorced woman - single income - no child support.

The following factors are non-negotiable:

1. Remaining in current location - Renting in Frum populated neighborhood in large city.
2. Private Jewish School AKA tuition
3. Kosher Food expenses (Cholov Yisroel etc...)

Thank you!

Rr2

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 4:57 pm
You can use some of his ideas but not all as our high rent and tuition is not factored in. Read the book and apply what you can. Good luck!

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:40 pm
Not sure about Dave Ramsey, but I’m happy to share my experience via pm, regarding financial coaching- very positive and affordable experience!

Florake

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:42 am
You didn't say if you're just on a tight budget or deeply in debt? Most people who get into Dave Ramsey's program are deeply in debt, as his main focus is how to get out of debt.

So simply put, what is your income, what are your current expenses are what is your debt?

If you're in debt, how much are you giving in Tzedakah?
Can you cut back on Tzedakah? Dave Ramsey is an advoacate of tithing while in debt and has mentioned he was tithing while in bankruptcy! (To me that's more like stealing while in bankruptcy) Are you spending money on things that aren't related to a Frum lifestyle, like traveling,
Household help, entertainment?

No question, a lot of people, Jewish and non-Jewish, who are in debt and bad with money, have been helped by Dave Ramsey's advice.

Keep in mind his program is a thinly deguised ministry with frequent mentions of (Yo*hke....you know who) and other references to xtian lifestyle..

baby12x

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:28 am
Its definitely worth checking it out .

Get his books from the library and read them.
He is EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL in getting people out of debt.

Its also worth listening to his podcasts and radio show

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:58 am
There's a financial consultant in Crowm Heights that adapted his method for frum families. Her name is Chaya Margolin

headabovewater

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:38 am
I know that there's a frum Facebook group that follows his principles. I don't remember what it's called.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics