Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Making an affordable wedding
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:40 am
My husband and I were incredibly poor when we got married. Zero help from family. Our wedding cost about 3-4K. If that. A lot of things we did ourselves. Dh and his friends even built the chuppah. That’s how broke we were and living off of student loans. But hey, the people who came, to this day, still say that our wedding was more memorable than the lavish Brooklyn weddings they’ve been to.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:44 am
southernbubby wrote:
One of mine who rented an expensive gown later wished that the money had been spent on something more substantial.

I rented an expensive gown and don't regret it. I did not feel like a queen in any other gown I tried. I love seeing that gown in the pictures and remembering how beautiful I felt at that moment. I would make the same choice if it happened again.

Every thing else about my wedding was super takana. I didn't even invite my classmates.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:59 am
ectomorph wrote:
I rented an expensive gown and don't regret it. I did not feel like a queen in any other gown I tried. I love seeing that gown in the pictures and remembering how beautiful I felt at that moment. I would make the same choice if it happened again.

Every thing else about my wedding was super takana. I didn't even invite my classmates.

That's why people spend on different things. The goal is to work within your budget, spend on things important to you, skimp on things that are less meaningful to you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics