Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shell dress

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:08 pm
Anyone tried one? What brand? Do they wash well? I’m looking for a light layer to wear under a long vest.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:11 pm
If you're thin and covering up over it, there's one on Amazon I tried that is inexpensive and long enough. Size up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....;th=1
Otherwise you can buy an expensive one at the Shell Station where I believe they run in the $70ish range.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you're thin and covering up over it, there's one on Amazon I tried that is inexpensive and long enough.
Otherwise you can buy an expensive one at the Shell Station where I believe they run in the $70ish range.

Do you have a link for the amazon one?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:13 pm
I guess I hadn't finished linking the dress before you posted. Smile Scroll up, I added the link.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I guess I hadn't finished linking the dress before you posted. Smile Scroll up, I added the link.

Thanks!
Wont work for me.I need more fit and flare or a-line style

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:18 pm
Looking for black with 3/4 or long sleeves.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you're thin and covering up over it, there's one on Amazon I tried that is inexpensive and long enough. Size up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....;th=1

What do you wear this with? How do you style it?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Thanks!
Wont work for me.I need more fit and flare or a-line style

If you want fit and flare, this is good. Doesn't necessarily need something on top but very thin. Size down.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....image
There are a few versions on this link. I'm referring to the waisted fit and flare. Not the swing one. The one that says black paneled. Not the one that says black.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you wear this with? How do you style it?

I ordered it to wear under a knee length breezy modal cardigan but didn't end up needing it so I returned it.

aliavi

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:48 pm
Thank you!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:56 pm
I just bought the shell station one. I spent about 55 I think. They had a modal a-line one and s cotton straight one. I wanted straight. So far I wore once and washed, no dryer, and it looks perfect.

This one on Amazon looks to me to be very fitted, more pencil style vs just straight. That wouldn't work for me, but with Amazon prime it doesn't hurt to try.

I just have a question for people here. How do I nurse with these dresses? With a shell and skirt I can just lift the shell. With a dress, I can't just lift up the whole dress. Does anyone make these in a nursing version? Or any way I can easily convert them to nursing? The dress was son comfy, but this is posing a problem for me

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:02 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I just bought the shell station one. I spent about 55 I think. They had a modal a-line one and s cotton straight one. I wanted straight. So far I wore once and washed, no dryer, and it looks perfect.

This one on Amazon looks to me to be very fitted, more pencil style vs just straight. That wouldn't work for me, but with Amazon prime it doesn't hurt to try.

I just have a question for people here. How do I nurse with these dresses? With a shell and skirt I can just lift the shell. With a dress, I can't just lift up the whole dress. Does anyone make these in a nursing version? Or any way I can easily convert them to nursing? The dress was son comfy, but this is posing a problem for me

Zipper in the side seem

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:02 pm
not sure it's intended to be a shell dress but Esteez dresses are delicious.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:13 pm
Havah tribe has sometimes had sundrop dresses that work for nursing as a layered dress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics