Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
'Vacation' to escape the heat

Israeli_C

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:34 am
Not sure how much of a relaxing vacation it can be with so many small kids (and most likely my inlaws too... Hashem yerachem...) but I'm looking for somewhere to vacation (midweek) which;
- allows us to escape the heat somewhat (or at least not as hot/humid as the merkaz)
- if catered (doesn't need to be) has chabad friendly kashrut (Landau)
- a place to swim... somewhere nearby
- nature
any ideas/recommendations?

grace413

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:56 am
Unfortunately it's hot everywhere. Your best bet is probably a zimmer in the Upper Galilee, Golan Heights or Tzfat.

Hatzlacha.

(staying inside in my air-conditioned apartment as much as possible).

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:25 am
I have entertained the idea of a kiddie pool in the salon.

heidi

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:36 am
Go now
Prices skyrocket in August- especially when bein hazmanim falls out in August as it does this year
Beersheva is usually cheaper and actually has nice malls, museums - pool in the hotel.
You might want to be in touch with the local chabad to find out about hechsherim in the area

etky

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 3:28 pm
heidi wrote:
Go now
Prices skyrocket in August- especially when bein hazmanim falls out in August as it does this year
Beersheva is usually cheaper and actually has nice malls, museums - pool in the hotel.
You might want to be in touch with the local chabad to find out about hechsherim in the area

Beersheva is hot as h-ll now. Less humid than the mercaz, true, but really really hot.

etky

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 3:30 pm
Israeli_C wrote:
Not sure how much of a relaxing vacation it can be with so many small kids (and most likely my inlaws too... Hashem yerachem...) but I'm looking for somewhere to vacation (midweek) which;
- allows us to escape the heat somewhat (or at least not as hot/humid as the merkaz)
- if catered (doesn't need to be) has chabad friendly kashrut (Landau)
- a place to swim... somewhere nearby
- nature
any ideas/recommendations?

Somewhere in the Jerusalem area or Tzfat.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 4:28 pm
Mishtelet Meira has a rustic tzimmer with a private, hidden-from-view pool in the middle of the greenhouses. It's in Kedumim. The price is very reasonable. Food catered

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 4:58 pm
Rappel wrote:
Mishtelet Meira has a rustic tzimmer with a private, hidden-from-view pool in the middle of the greenhouses. It's in Kedumim. The price is very reasonable. Food catered

Which hechsher?

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:11 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Which hechsher?

I haven't stayed there yet, so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's under the hechsher of the Rav of Kedumim. That's how restaurants/caterers in the yishuvim operate. (It's the only way to provide an on-premises, reliable hechsher out here.)

Please feel free to ask:
https://m.facebook.com/shsniyi.....nav=0

I missed the initial OP about Landau meat, but I'm sure that you could work something out with the owners. They're very sweet.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:22 am
Many thanks Rappel, looks amazing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions