Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby won't take formula

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:56 pm
I have a 4 month old who is allergic to basically everything, leaving me starving since I am his only source of food. He won't take soy formula, but I really, really wish he would. Are there any tips you guys have for getting a nursing only kid to take formula?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:58 pm
Maybe try pumping and mixing in small amounts of formula to get him used to the taste? Gradually increase the amount until he can handle the flavor.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:04 pm
Can you try adding some glucose? some babies don't find formula sweet enough

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:07 pm
I'm sorry, speaking from experience as a nursing mom of multiple allergic kids- I know what you mean when you say you're starving yourself. I think the idea of starting with pumped breast milk and slowly adding increased proportions of formula is worth trying. I would not add glucose or anything else to such a young baby's formula without the guidance of a doctor.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:10 pm
Have you tried different companies formula? Some are lighter to the stomach and taste better.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:53 pm
He barely even takes my milk in a bottle, only if I'm the one giving it to him and I'm staring straight in his eyes. And even then sometimes he won't take it! I'm at my wit's end here!

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:54 pm
I've only tried the gentlease soy. When he was just born I gave him dairy Similac and sunrise, but it seems he's developed an allergy to it

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 6:14 pm
Sometimes babies are more willing to take bottles from someone who is not their mother. Will they help you at the pediatrician office? One of the nurses worked with my baby to get her to take a bottle and then she would take from other people and eventually from me

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 6:16 pm
please try neocate its greaat for allergy children from my experience

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 6:35 pm
Neocate is from pig no?

naomi2

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 6:59 pm
Ask your pediatrician about supplementing with goats milk. You might need to add vitamins to the baby's diet as well

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 3:01 pm
neocate is not made from a pig its made from a bird years ago wanted to give nutramigen formula I was told rather to give neocate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics