Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Supermarket in Jerusalem

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 6:47 am
I’m heading to Israel soon for vacation and am looking for a supermarket with parking where I can stock up on all groceries, produce, meat and paper goods (trying to minimize the amount of time spent on stocking our apartment). We will be in Bayit V’gan so closer to there would be better.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 7:03 am
If you have a car Osher Ad Givat Shaul or Rami Levy Mehadrin will meet your needs

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:32 am
I second Osher Ad. There is one in Kinyon Hadar and on Beit Hadfus St.
Either is less than 15 min by car from Bayit V'gan.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:39 am
Thanks so much for your replies - this is very helpful.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:31 am
There is also Shaarei Revacha on Yirmiyahu - the new one on the corner of Brandeis has everything - including bakery section and take-out.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:53 am
I wonder if tourists can order on shufersal online. That might be the best have an order delivered right after you arrive. Otherwise, Osher Ad Givat Shaul or the big Rami Levi there.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:43 am
yerushamama wrote:
There is also Shaarei Revacha on Yirmiyahu - the new one on the corner of Brandeis has everything - including bakery section and take-out.

They also have fresh chicken

mochamix18

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:42 pm
yerushamama wrote:
I didn’t think Shaarei Revacha had produce, unless this new location does?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:45 pm
mochamix18 wrote:
I didn’t think Shaarei Revacha had produce, unless this new location does?

Yes it does! Regular stuff though. I’d rather get produce more conveniently and more often.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:01 pm
Thanks for all the replies! Last year I did a smaller scale stock up at Shaarei Revacha on Yirmiyahu but didn’t remember seeing any produce there. I’ll probably just stick to Osher Ad in Givat Shaul.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:03 pm
A new Shaarei Revacha opened up on the other side of Shamgar, in one of the new complexes (near the new Pizza Uri). They have produce, a fresh bakery section, a fresh take out section, a pitzuchim stand....

etky

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:06 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I wonder if tourists can order on shufersal online. That might be the best have an order delivered right after you arrive. Otherwise, Osher Ad Givat Shaul or the big Rami Levi there.

I wouldn't start up with online ordering right off the bat.
There's a learning curve involved in making an order and also, products are often not in stock and they call you about substitutions. Tourists might have no idea about local products and their equivalents.
Maybe once they've acclimated a bit to local products and also have someone onhand to help them with an initial order.

blessedjmom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:25 am
yerushamama wrote:
A new Shaarei Revacha opened up on the other side of Shamgar, in one of the new complexes (near the new Pizza Uri). They have produce, a fresh bakery section, a fresh take out section, a pitzuchim stand....

I second the new sharei revacha on yirmiyahu. The entrance to the parking garage is on rechov brandeis. They have beautiful produce. Amazing clean shop. With anything u may need.
And prices are good.

Or you can do Osher Ad on shamgar. They also have free parking. Fresh produce. And quite a bit of American products as well.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:14 am
Share Revacha has 2 branches not far from each other

The new one on Shamgar is a real shopping experience and a good outing for your family to spend a few hours

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:31 am
the new shaarei revacha is amaaazing! has everything you could want and more.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:38 am
We should have an imamother meet up in the new Shaarei revacha!!! I love going there too!

Op in my opinion it’s the best option if you’ll have a car. Even with a taxi I would still recommend it!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:44 pm
Out of curiosity, what’s the difference between Osher Ad and Shaarei Revacha? Do they both carry the same things? Is one cheaper than the other?

mochamix18

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Out of curiosity, what’s the difference between Osher Ad and Shaarei Revacha? Do they both carry the same things? Is one cheaper than the other?

Osher Ad is structured more like Costco in the states but without the need for membership. You can buy bulk size but are not limited to it. Shaarei Revacha was a scratch/dent store to my knowledge but has much more than that. They are both considered discount stores. Shaarei Revacha does delivery which osher ad does not. Personally I prefer osher ad and have found some items to be cheaper there but it really does depend.

mochamix18

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
We should have an imamother meet up in the new Shaarei revacha!!! I love going there too!

Op in my opinion it’s the best option if you’ll have a car. Even with a taxi I would still recommend it!
😂 that would be fun

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:09 pm
The new Shaarei Revacha does not do deliveries, but there are always people outside offering "hasaot". It started as partial supermarket, partial "scratch/dent" store, but isn't anymore.

If there is a meetup there, I would love to join in! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions