Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me exercise!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:00 pm
I really want to exercise but I have so many issues making it hard for me. Can anyone help/give me chizzuk?

1) Limited time - my kids start getting up at 6:30 and I cannot wake up earlier. My husband sleeps till 6:15 and the computer (for videos) and elliptical are in my room and I can't wake him up. I can't work out at night because I'm sensitive to it and will be unable to fall asleep. The last time I worked out after 7 pm I was up till 1:00 AM too "pumped up" to sleep, at which point I got really hungry and had to make myself a snack.

So that means I could exercise during the day... but...

2) I haaaaaaate changing from regular clothing to exercise clothing and back again. The whole changing/showering process adds at least 20 minutes so unless I have a 50 minute break, there's no way I could exercise for 30 minutes.

I can't wear my exercise clothes to my p/t job, as they are unprofessional. I can't wear my exercise clothes under my work clothes because I'm super-sweaty as it is, and that would be an additional layer of heat.

Help! Does anyone have any ideas?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:23 pm
Hey! Personal trainer here...
Totally get you! Scheduling time to exercise is the hardest part of it all!
I find it helpful to prepare workout clothes the night before so its in front of your face and you have the initial push. I know people that like to invest in pretty and better quality exercise clothes- makes it more exciting!
See if you can squeeze in 15-20 min, 3-4 times a week (during the day).
You can set up different goals and rewards for achieving them. Ex: if you work out 3 times a week for an entire month you go for a massage.
You need to choose a type of exercise that keeps you interested such as cardio, strength training, kickboxing, zumba, yoga etc.
Ultimately, you really gotta want it bad enough. Ill be the first to say that its really really tough! But I want to add that once you start and you get into a routine, you cant stop!
Wishing you lots of luck!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:25 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Hey! Personal trainer here...
Totally get you! Scheduling time to exercise is the hardest part of it all!
I find it helpful to prepare workout clothes the night before so its in front of your face and you have the initial push. I know people that like to invest in pretty and better quality exercise clothes- makes it more exciting!
See if you can squeeze in 15-20 min, 3-4 times a week (during the day).
You can set up different goals and rewards for achieving them. Ex: if you work out 3 times a week for an entire month you go for a massage.
You need to choose a type of exercise that keeps you interested such as cardio, strength training, kickboxing, zumba, yoga etc.
Ultimately, you really gotta want it bad enough. Ill be the first to say that its really really tough! But I want to add that once you start and you get into a routine, you cant stop!
Wishing you lots of luck!!

What she said.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:31 am
Take a fast walk outside during lunch that doesn’t work up a sweat , but gets you moving. If you can, incorporate walking up steps. At night do yoga and/or list weights. It’s not cardio so shouldn’t keep you from sleeping. If you swear and you need to shower and change, you need more than 50 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise