Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Don't ask for DH's help- News article
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:48 am
Quote:

A 58-year-old woman is divorcing her husband after she was arrested and placed in police cells for 17 hours, and then prosecuted, just because she asked him to help her in doing some of the household chores.

Woman arrested and charged for constantly asking husband to help her do household chores
Woman arrested and charged for constantly asking husband to help her do household chores
Valerie Sanders from UK was arrested in April of 2018 and charged with “controlling behavior”

Her husband, Michael had complained that she was constantly asking him to clean and polish the family home and nagging that he spent too much time at the gym and cleaning his car.

According to reports, if proven to be true, Valerie’s alleged pestering of her husband could qualify for “coercive or controlling behavior”, per the UK laws.

Although Michael did not file a complaint against his wife, his workplace Jobcentre UK staff noticed during one of the company’s routine checks that he was not in a good mood, and when asked he attribute it to Valeri’s incessant nagging.

Police subsequently stormed her house, arrested Valerie and charged her with “controlling behavior”, after keeping her in custody for 17 hours.

“I was taken to the station and locked in a cell. I’ve never been in trouble. I was horrified. I felt like a criminal. I’d leave a note asking him to vacuum parts of the house and clean the patio doors. We have two miniature dachshunds. But he would spend four hours cleaning his car – so of course I complained. Surely it isn’t controlling behavior otherwise every married couple would be in court?” Valerie is quoted as saying.

According to Odditycental.com, Valerie said that ever since her 58-year-old husband landed a job as a gym manager, he dedicated too much time and attention to his workout and diet, which impacted their marriage negatively. He would chug meals from a blender, so they stopped going out together, and he spent most of his time at the gym and cleaning his car, so there were times when she didn’t even see him.

Michael is not interested in pursuing legal battle against his wife, but maintained that her bickering was actually having a toll on him.

“There was no love any more. She used to kiss and cuddle her two dogs, but never kissed and cuddled me,” he said.

Michael and Valerie married in 2012, two years after they met online, but the latter’s experience with the law and two years restraining order imposed on her have virtually killed her love for her husband. She said she is no more interested in the marriage.

The charges proffered against her were reportedly dropped because a key witness in the case has declined to testify.

http://va.topbuzz.com/s/hYwvFw

flmommy

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:59 am
Oh my! I’m in trouble.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:00 am
Crazy situation. Who reported it? Why did he press charges? Clearly a lot is missing.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:07 am
Sounds like a 18th century news story or a joke.

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:08 am
ectomorph wrote:
Crazy situation. Who reported it? Why did he press charges? Clearly a lot is missing.

Someone at his work reported it because he said his wife's requests for housework put him in a bad mood. He didn't press charges.

This is PC gone crazy.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:14 am
Squishy wrote:
Someone at his work reported it because he said his wife's requests for housework put him in a bad mood. He didn't press charges.

This is PC gone crazy.

What is PC about this?

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:22 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
What is PC about this?

Husband is in a bad mood. Husband complains to coworker that wife nags him. Wife is arrested. That's PC gone crazy.

Honey, take out the trash should not be cause for arrest.

Only PC idiots could come up with this law. You can't legislate social behavior. Let's say my husband is the main bread winner and I want to buy yet another piece of jewelry when I have 200 pieces I don't wear. He says no. He is controlling and I can have him arrested.

This is too much government.

This is the same country who put a male trans rapist in a female prison. And guess what? The female prisoners got raped. That's not foreseeable?

srbmom

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:25 am
Quote:
Husband is in a bad mood. Husband complains to coworker that wife nags him. Wife is arrested. That's PC gone crazy.

I hope there's a lot more going on here than is written in this article. As PC as this world has become, I don't think that's what's going on here

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:59 am
Squishy wrote:

This is PC gone crazy.
At any point he could tell the police to stop bothering her. They have bigger problems than the nagging

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 11:15 am
He got a two year restraining order!

Who was the key witness? Their dog?

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 11:22 am
flowerpower wrote:
He got a two year restraining order!

Who was the key witness? Their dog?

And the dog declined to testify.

I am not familiar with English law. It could be a mandatory arrest situation like in NYS.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 11:24 am
Squishy wrote:

This is PC gone crazy.

If this is true and not satire it is an example of handmaiden not PC

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 12:00 pm
Squishy wrote:

This is PC gone crazy.

It wasn’t his work, it was the job centre. The job centre is the U.K. equivalent of the Unemployment Benefits Office.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 12:04 pm
ectomorph wrote:
It happened after he read "The Surrendered Wife."

Tongue Out kidding!

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 1:01 pm
This has got to be one of the most bizarre things I have ever read.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 1:09 pm
Excuse my ignorance but what does pc stand for?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 1:09 pm
This world has gone straight to the toilet.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 1:15 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but what does pc stand for?

PC stands for Politically Correct

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:27 pm
Squishy wrote:

Honey, take out the trash should not be cause for arrest.

Only PC idiots could come up with this law. You can't legislate social behavior. Let's say my husband is the main bread winner and I want to buy yet another piece of jewelry when I have 200 pieces I don't wear. He says no. He is controlling and I can have him arrested.

This is too much government.

Nothing you wrote here is about "political correctness".

smss

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:57 pm
Sounds like a "The Onion" article...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics