Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much did you spend on linen for yourself?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:03 pm
I just bought new linen. The department store was having a sale and it was all half price. Still for 2 full sized beds it came to over $350. That included quilt covers, 5 pillow cases for each bed (I know its a lot) fitted sheet and flat sheet. No throw cushions or throws or wtvr. I feel like its a lot but im curious how much other ppl spend on decent quality linen for the master bedroom.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:15 pm
$600 for two full beds (if I remember correctly) because dh only wanted 100% cotton

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:26 pm
The most we've spent was $325 for 2 full sets of fitted sheets, duvets, and 4 shams. All other sets over the years we have tried to buy on sale for under $200.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The most we've spent was $325 for 2 full sets of fitted sheets, duvets, and 4 shams. All other sets over the years we have tried to buy on sale for under $200.

I have no idea what a sham is. A pillow?

I guess I could have saved money with less pillows, and no flat sheets. That would have shaved $100 off the total. But we both love having flat sheets and lots of pillows. So I guess we spent a similar amount to you per item.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:35 pm
Why does each bed need 5 pillows?

ra_mom

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no idea what a sham is. A pillow?

I guess I could have saved money with less pillows, and no flat sheets. That would have shaved $100 off the total. But we both love having flat sheets and lots of pillows. So I guess we spent a similar amount to you per item.

Yes a pillow case.

amother
Bisque

Wow! I was gifted expensive linens when I got married 12 years ago and they still look and feel amazing. Unfortunately our second set got ripped up in the washing machine when we had a loose part inside the drum. So we went to Ikea and bought a new set two years ago. It was $35 for each full size duvet cover with 2 pillowcases per set. I love it and it has held up perfectly. We got soft sheets at Marshall's to match for $10-$15 each. I'm sure I wouldn't mind buying something really luxurious one day but I'm happy with what I have for now.

amother
OP

amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
$600 for two full beds (if I remember correctly) because dh only wanted 100% cotton

Mine are all 100% cotton.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 5:38 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Why does each bed need 5 pillows?

They dont. Its total frivolity.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 6:17 pm
$25 for a queen fitted sheet at target. $10 for pillow cases when I need to replace mine (almost never). I hate top sheets so I don't buy them. My bed spread was maybe $50 at BBB. The sheets hold up very very well.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 6:55 pm
$600 Kallah set (with had 2 sets of sheets, yes outrageous pricing but it’s really beautiful).
$150 second ikea set (which I had for a year and it’s still liking nice and very comfortable).

dankbar

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 7:27 pm
The jewish local stores sell master linens for kallahs from $300-800 +

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 7:31 pm
I always thought you can only get quilt covers in the jewish stores.

jkw

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:21 pm
Which stores in NYC do you recommend to buy 100% cotton quality sheets? Or where online?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:28 pm
50 euros for a set not including bed sheet which was 11 euros. We have 4 different sets.
Pillow and blanket 80 euros (per person).
I replace the bed sheets every year but the rest has lasted for 6 years now.

mommyX2

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:51 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I always thought you can only get quilt covers in the jewish stores.

thye are called duvets. they sell in ikea, target, amazon, a lot of places... search duvet set, or duvet covers.

mochamix18

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:05 pm
Expense with sheets also has to with higher thread count which is hard to find in less expensive stores.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:15 pm
when I got married I got a few $200 sets mostly brocade which I hate so don't use. I got a suede set for $400 when we upgraded to queen quilts a couple of years ago but I want something new and more comfortable. I find prices are much more expensive for larger beds and quilt covers in jewish stores but they do offer you quality for the price.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I am looking into duvet sets and I like the prints from West Elm. Anyone has experience with it? With all the discounts I can get two 400 thread count covers and 4 pillows for about $250-300. Is it more worth it than the Jewish stores?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:20 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
when I got married I got a few $200 sets mostly brocade which I hate so don't use. I got a suede set for $400 when we upgraded to queen quilts a couple of years ago but I want something new and more comfortable. I find prices are much more expensive for larger beds and quilt covers in jewish stores but they do offer you quality for the price.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I am looking into duvet sets and I like the prints from West Elm. Anyone has experience with it? With all the discounts I can get two 400 thread count covers and 4 pillows for about $250-300. Is it more worth it than the Jewish stores?

We’ve had west elm duvet covers for probably 6 years and I just replaced them not because they were worn but because I wanted something different. Bought the linen duvets from west elm this time and they are amazing and wash sooo well, we love them!

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 1:34 am
What do you do with a top sheet?
I thought that was used instead of a duvet cover/ to put a layer between the body and the blanket
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics